How long is your estimated treatment time?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tyrantblade

How long is your estimated treatment time?

#1 Post by Tyrantblade »

Just wondering where along the line we all fit.

I suspect most of us are probably estimated at 18-24 months, which seems to be a fair estimated treatment time, unless your case is mild (either due to luck or because you are getting treatment a second time); I'm estimated at 24 months, and I'm approaching month 16, so almost 2/3rds down.

It seems like the time has been flying by, but then again, it's has been over a decade of delaying (because as a teenager parents didn't have the money, not because I refused lol).
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

shortcircuit

Re: How long is your estimated treatment time?

#2 Post by shortcircuit »

18 months + surgery + 12 months, I have a significant discrepancy between what I have and what I need so I wouldn't be surprised to see even more time tacked onto that :(

Tyrantblade

#3 Post by Tyrantblade »

shortcircuit wrote:18 months + surgery + 12 months, I have a significant discrepancy between what I have and what I need so I wouldn't be surprised to see even more time tacked onto that :(
I'm glad I didn't need surgery or extractions, especially surgery, time isn't quite a bother (usually anyways), I can only imagine how the recovery from surgery is, plus the cost
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

ladyt

#4 Post by ladyt »

My estimated treatment time is 30 months.

Swiper

#5 Post by Swiper »

6-9 months but that includes the Wilkodontics procedure I had 2 weeks ago.

sandiego88

#6 Post by sandiego88 »

18 months. I just passed the year mark. I needed surgery but decided to forego it.

arraye

#7 Post by arraye »

Ive been told to expect three years, that's including surgery, from when I start in Jan 17. A bit longer than average because my teeth are a bit wonk.

FlowerPower

#8 Post by FlowerPower »

30 to 35 months depending on my treatment.

cconant1833

#9 Post by cconant1833 »

My estimated time was 20 months. I'm sitting at nearly 40 months right now, but my permanent retainers are on and I've been told my braces will come off as a "New Years" present. I have an appointment Friday and will probably make me debracing appointment then.

I'm not really sure why it took so long other than my ortho is a perfectionist (which is NOT a bad thing!). I also had to have an impacted canine extracted, 3 wisdom teeth extracted, and I'm getting the first step to an implant done on Monday for a molar I had pulled as a child.

JanineJanine

#10 Post by JanineJanine »

Braces time is estimated 18-24 months. Pre-braces there was an additional 4 months of consultations, deciding on treatment, extractions and healing.

Shelleyt

#11 Post by Shelleyt »

24 months, hopefully decreased due to use of acceledent and wilckidontics, but sadly I am actually behind schedule so far

littleb3ar

#12 Post by littleb3ar »

Got my braces on 11/28/16 & four premolars taken out 12/3/16. I was told my treatment time will be about two years. Hopefully it ends up being shorter than that.

shanlola

#13 Post by shanlola »

Mine is 15-18 months and I am currently 10 months in, however I think my treatment will last longer than the estimated 18 months as I need two extractions next month and cannot imagine they will be closed in the space of 7 months! I

BrunetteMoment

#14 Post by BrunetteMoment »

18 months. It was my choice wether or not to get surgery, and I chose not to. Instead my ortho will "camouflage" my overbite. No extractions necessary.
Damon Metal. 18 months.
Fixing: Overbite, overjet, crowding.

KH88

#15 Post by KH88 »

I had ceramics upper and lower plus TPA fitted 29th November with an estimate treatment time of 2 years but I'm hoping I can get them removed a little sooner as I turn 30 in October 2018 and it'd be nice to have the job done by then!