First IPR experience and lowers are now on

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nightowl12

First IPR experience and lowers are now on

#1 Post by nightowl12 »

Just got my lowers on yesterday after two weeks of spacers. I'm trying to adjust to them, they hurt a little bit this morning but nothing that tylenol can't help. Ortho also did some IPR on upper front teeth to close up a small gap due to width of teeth. Is this pretty typical? Anything I should worry about with IPR? He asked if doing it was okay, which I wasn't ready for, I trust in my ortho to know what he's doing. I think that hurts more than the lowers today! Also got a new powerchain (just across front two on top, instead of 4 as before).

I was told at my last appointment two weeks ago that I'm a month ahead of schedule, which is exciting news for being just over 6 months into treatment :D

Decided to change up my band color, I'm a coffee drinker and learned that coffee and pale blue powerchains don't work. :)

Felina Grimm

Re: First IPR experience and lowers are now on

#2 Post by Felina Grimm »

I had some IPR myself. They take very little off. Nothing to worry as long as it's not in excess.
Sentence: 24 months, months served: 35 months
Traditional Full-Metal Brackets
Top: 9/9/2014
Bottom: 10/15/2014
Debonded: 8/7/2017

braceasaurus

#3 Post by braceasaurus »

nightowl12 wrote: Decided to change up my band color, I'm a coffee drinker and learned that coffee and pale blue powerchains don't work. :)

Oh this is good to know! What colour did you switch to, Felina?
Braced on 27.10.16 to fix an anterior open bite, overjet & mild crowding. Class 1 malocclusion. Ceramic braces upper 6 + steel lower, then double jaw surgery in about a year, once my extraction gaps have closed!

Sentence: 24-30 months.

nightowl12

#4 Post by nightowl12 »

braceasaurus wrote:
nightowl12 wrote: Decided to change up my band color, I'm a coffee drinker and learned that coffee and pale blue powerchains don't work. :)

Oh this is good to know! What colour did you switch to, Felina?
I went with navy blue and a turquoise :)

braceasaurus

#5 Post by braceasaurus »

Whoops I called you Felina, sorry about that :) navy blue and turquoise sounds lovely, I love navy blue. I don't suppose you have a pic? No worries if you'd rather not. I've got boring clear ones at the moment so I'm fascinated with people's colours haha
Braced on 27.10.16 to fix an anterior open bite, overjet & mild crowding. Class 1 malocclusion. Ceramic braces upper 6 + steel lower, then double jaw surgery in about a year, once my extraction gaps have closed!

Sentence: 24-30 months.