Travelling aboard for 6 months

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HerBraces2016

Travelling aboard for 6 months

#1 Post by HerBraces2016 »

Hi,
I am wearing braces since 6 months ..and suddenly i got the opportunity to travel aboard for 6 months.
I don't want to remove the braces because i don't want to my teeth to become bad again..but I am afraid that a bracket fell off while I am aboard... less than 10 days to my travel date and I got an appointment to see the doctor on monday ...but I need to know what do you think the best option here

Thanks!

oldfart

Re: Travelling aboard for 6 months

#2 Post by oldfart »

Depends on where you are traveling. Most countries have orthodontists that could help in case of needed repairs.

And you can always take your own ligatures and change them every month.
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

djspeece

Re: Travelling aboard for 6 months

#3 Post by djspeece »

Also, dentakit.com, the sponsor of this board, has an emergency kit that looks pretty cool.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying