28 year old fast braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tillybrace

Re: 28 year old fast braces

#16 Post by tillybrace »

I am trying nor be dismayed, they only put half the brackets on my bottom teeth.
Here is a full view
Come on Tilly keep your head uo :gavel:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cdmoses6

#17 Post by cdmoses6 »

Hey you're doing awesome!! :mrgreen: I can already see such a big difference between before and now! Just hang in there, you are going to be very pleased once it's all over with. I've had my braces off for a little over a month now and trust me, the feeling is so amazing and worth it!!!
Braces on March 6th, 2015
Metal Empower self-ligating brackets, upper and lower
Class II, Division II overbite with crowding
Upper 2nd premolars extracted May 1st, 2015
First Powerchain and Class II Manatee Elastics June 15th, 2015
TADs placed July 27th, 2015
Box Manatee Elastics April 1st, 2016
Teeth shaping May 4th, 2016

My Progress: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48229

tillybrace

#18 Post by tillybrace »

Approaching the 2 and half month mark.
No real changes since my last update. Expect for the bottom brace hurts all the time, like being stung by a bee again and again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tillybrace

#19 Post by tillybrace »

Here are my current photos upper jaw and lower jaw, not much in the way of progress.

I realised that I've not really said much about my self. So I am from England, Iive in and around the London area. I was meant to get braces when I was a teenager but my mum had a silly rule that if one child couldn't have something the others couldn't either. My brother took to long to get his ass in the dentist chair that he was two old to get braces on the NHS, so I did not get to have them either.

As a result I went through childhood being teased for having wonky teeth, childhood was hard enough being borderline autistic without the added hey goothy, hey bugs bunny comment.Or over hearing comments such as 'Tilly, looks pretty until she opens her mouth.

As you can imagine the state of jaw and the bullying about my teeth made me lose self esteem and confidence and become somewhat social phobic. Which probably why I didn't have my frist real kiss until I was 20.

This year I realised I was one year away from being 30, and if I wanted to change the way I looked, all I had to do was be brave.q After all it's my mouth and I will decided what I want to do with it/put in it.

Chippy3000

#20 Post by Chippy3000 »

I felt the exact some way as you before getting them. It literally took six years of thinking about it before I got the courage to go for it!

I think the thing you'll find really surprising, is that it might look like they aren't moving but then suddenly it will free up and then it'll feel so worth it. I think the first few months and last few months are the hardest. You'll get there. :)

tillybrace

#21 Post by tillybrace »

So i had an adjustment today, and they given me triangle elastics.
I was having a little giggle last week about getting away with no elastics.So i guesse this is isn't kharma.
I would rather have a instant burger.

louis

#22 Post by louis »

Elastics are a good thing, they really accelerate teeth movement. I found them irritating at first but they soon became the norm and I had no issues wearing them. I have recently been asked to stop wearing them after 5 months and actually kind of miss them! :wink:

tillybrace

#23 Post by tillybrace »

Update. No change really.
I am still not really sure what they are hoping to achieve with bottom teeth, apart from denying me burgers. Hurts so much more then my top braces do :gavel:

Being brave and posting my side view, excuse my poor skin

tillybrace

#24 Post by tillybrace »

:-+ my teeth have moved, i can see it, but i can feel the monster pain in my bottom jaw today. Besides the jaw pain, i am back on the wax, because whatever the slight move has been the brackets are now touching parts of my cheek that they were not previously touching and man it's like having my brace put on all over again :gavel:

onwardsandupwards

#25 Post by onwardsandupwards »

Hang in there - I remember feeling exactly the same when things started moving and rubbing the hell out of my cheek where they hadn't before. I cried over my dinner because the wax kept falling off and it was so painful to chew! It gets better though I promise. You've made a lot of progress already - all the pain is proof of that :wink:

pat0231

#26 Post by pat0231 »

Oh my gosh! Your teeth look so similar to mine before I was braced in January. Yours are moving much faster. Oh the joy of being braced at a younger age.

tillybrace

#27 Post by tillybrace »

Thank you for all your comments, they are keeping me motivated.

I am massively grumpy this week, my jaw is on fire, and I feel like the bottom tooth is pulled up rather then forward.

tillybrace

#28 Post by tillybrace »

pat0231 wrote:Oh my gosh! Your teeth look so similar to mine before I was braced in January. Yours are moving much faster. Oh the joy of being braced at a younger age.
thank you,
are elastics meant to cause gaps to appear between your teeth. i now have a big one the left hand side of my bottom row that never use to be there.

tillybrace

#29 Post by tillybrace »

i apologies for the awfulness of this photo.
They are finally pulling the rogue toot forward. i think bottom row and top row.

tillybrace

#30 Post by tillybrace »

New smile photo and old smile, 3 months in the making.

My chin appears to of changed alot as well, which is odd