First post braces meal

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

27braces88

First post braces meal

#1 Post by 27braces88 »

What's everyone looking forward to eating when their braces comes off?

The office fruit bowl arrive today and I realised I'm really looking forward to choosing anything I want out of it, instead of playing safe with grapes and satsumas. Next time I going for an apple or a plum.

Also really looking forward to enjoying sandwiches again in public without justifying the way I eat them first!

djspeece

Re: First post braces meal

#2 Post by djspeece »

For me it was corn on the cob but I had to wait since mine came off last October. Then I discovered one can make entire meals out of corn on the cob, butter, salt, and of course beer.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

MissEvaH

#3 Post by MissEvaH »

Not really a meal, but I'm going to have a huge bag of movie theater popcorn!

27braces88

#4 Post by 27braces88 »

MissEvaH wrote:Not really a meal, but I'm going to have a huge bag of movie theater popcorn!
I've been eating that anyway :D

verso

#5 Post by verso »

I'm going to sink my teeth into the thickest sandwich imaginable. I miss sandwiches so much. I tried eating one the other day and actually resorted to a fork and knife. It was humiliating and unsatisfactory.

EWUgal15

#6 Post by EWUgal15 »

First meal post braces for me was a caramel apple. My intake the day my braces came off probably looked like a dream come true to a kid.

autumnl

#7 Post by autumnl »

A giant sandwich on thick, crusty bread. I miss crusty bread :cry:

ditsy

#8 Post by ditsy »

Ohhh burger!!! A THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT IT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT IT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT IT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT IT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. three layer burger with blue cheese and bacon and lettuce!!! And I will eat the whole thing without a knife and fork! And then I will go to an all you can eat buffet lol!!!

carrieann

#9 Post by carrieann »

I wonder if your teeth feel stable enough to take a big bite after the braces come off? I imagine it might be odd at first. I forgot how it felt to bite into something. Oh I miss popcorn. We have a movie theater popcorn machine at work so I have to smell the wonderful butter every day. Chips...I miss chips too.

Class I bite, Crowding, Ant/Post Crossbite Tendency
18-20 months
Damon ceramic upper, metal lower

Bracingmyself33

#10 Post by Bracingmyself33 »

I want to sink my teeth into an apple... I don't crave apples but I want to see the beautiful perfect arch I imagine all my life. :oops:

ditsy

#11 Post by ditsy »

Haha!! I totally get the apple thing.... But my arch will look lush in a burger lol!!! Xxx

Cyndi2016

#12 Post by Cyndi2016 »

I think just eating without worrying about all the food getting stuck in the braces or not having pain trying to eat will be great :)

Traditional Clear Uppers
Traditional Metal Lowers

EWUgal15

#13 Post by EWUgal15 »

carrieann wrote:I wonder if your teeth feel stable enough to take a big bite after the braces come off? I imagine it might be odd at first. I forgot how it felt to bite into something.
My braces will have been off a month on Sunday...and I can tell you, biting into a baby carrot still scares me.

27braces88

#14 Post by 27braces88 »

Bracingmyself33 wrote:I want to sink my teeth into an apple... I don't crave apples but I want to see the beautiful perfect arch I imagine all my life. :oops:
I totally get this. We have these gummy sweets in the UK called Percy Pigs. I bit into one of those the other day and it looked like it had been laser cut. It was a perfect arch. I remember doing this before braces and it was just a mess.

JCloNY

#15 Post by JCloNY »

A steak and Hot Tamale candy
2-year sentence of clear top and bottom braces commencing March 23, 2016
November 2016 - Class III elastics (starts from the bottom canine and goes to the upper 1st molar) on both sides
December 2016 - Two front teeth filed (IPR?) to make space to close black triangle and a power chain; 4 front bottom ceramic brackets replaced with metal brackets to force the teeth straighter; 1 broken bottom molar bracket (courtesy of a Tootsie Roll craving);