I have a midline that needs to be fixed, how long do you think it will take?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cringeymetalmouth

I have a midline that needs to be fixed, how long do you think it will take?

#1 Post by cringeymetalmouth »

My top teeth are not in the center (they don't have a correct midline) and its about 3-5 mm off, how long will it take to correct it with rubberbands?

Lovespain5

Re: I have a midline that needs to be fixed, how long do you think it will take?

#2 Post by Lovespain5 »

In my experience, one month. I wore a rubber band only in one side to adjust my midline. I had around 3 mm difference too.
:?:-#):mrgreen:

jaime

Re: I have a midline that needs to be fixed, how long do you think it will take?

#3 Post by jaime »

It took a few months for me. July-September last year or so.
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

adorkable8605

#4 Post by adorkable8605 »

I'm having this same exact issue...what type of rubber band did you wear? I complained about my midline at my last appointment and he told me to wear a class II on the left side and I haven't seen much movement...I don't see how a class II can move my midline...I'm so frustrated because the midline is very obvious (at least to me it is). He says its only 3 mm but I feel very lopsided

Lovespain5

#5 Post by Lovespain5 »

adorkable8605 wrote:I'm having this same exact issue...what type of rubber band did you wear? I complained about my midline at my last appointment and he told me to wear a class II on the left side and I haven't seen much movement...I don't see how a class II can move my midline...I'm so frustrated because the midline is very obvious (at least to me it is). He says its only 3 mm but I feel very lopsided

I wore a class III! With extra-heavy strength. As I had a bimax protrusion I alterned class II and class III (even if most of the time I wore the class II) rubber bands. But probably the class II can correct the midline too. Mine was around 3 mm too.
:?:-#):mrgreen:

BracesGuy

#6 Post by BracesGuy »

adorkable8605 wrote:I complained about my midline at my last appointment and he told me to wear a class II on the left side and I haven't seen much movement...I don't see how a class II can move my midline
I was also given class II elastics to move the midline. It took many months and was very stubborn progress. We started with one elastic band but I ended up having to double them up to get things progressed. I asked about a midline elastic but he didn't want to use that.