Will I for sure end up with straight teeth?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

megz0501

Will I for sure end up with straight teeth?

#1 Post by megz0501 »

Braces on for 4 months. During my consultation, I remember my orthodontist drawing a triangle..I cant remember what 2 of the sides were but the one was that getting straight teeth was just a perk of braces. Does that mean he will still straighten my teeth? I know i sound crazy but I'm paying a lot of money for these teeth and want to be sure he is straightening them too. I'm paranoid that when I get my braces removed I'll have worse teeth than I did when I started! I told him my reason for wanting braces was just for straighter teeth.

jfriend33

Re: Will I for sure end up with straight teeth?

#2 Post by jfriend33 »

I assume the other two were to do with longer lasting teeth, better dental health, less chance of dental problems, etc??? Yes, your teeth will be straight, do not let them take your braces off until you are satisfied.

djspeece

#3 Post by djspeece »

Sometimes the teeth won't perfectly touch side to side because of the shape of the tooth. I have a couple that are wider at the top than at the gumline, and although they are straight, there is a small "black triangle" at the gumline between them. My dentist can bond them, I suppose, to cover it up but it really doesn't bother me. The ortho referred to it as a "Shape mismatch, I think.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

jaime

#4 Post by jaime »

I've never heard of anyone getting their braces off and their teeth weren't straight.
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

Tyrantblade

#5 Post by Tyrantblade »

Of course, just make sure you express your concerns to your orthodontist and don't have them removed if you arent satisfied at the end of your treatment.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

Sideways

#6 Post by Sideways »

I suppose depending on the severity of the case (and whether or not you have any underlying jaw misalignment and/or missing teeth), there's a chance that they won't be perfectly straight, but they'll certainly be straighter than when you started out.

BettyWhyte

#7 Post by BettyWhyte »

This is my concern as well. Especially since I've just begun. But I trust that my ortho knows what's she's doing and takes pride in her work.

metalliKa

#8 Post by metalliKa »

Yes, you will! Have a little faith in your orthodontist and yourself. You won't come out with perfect pearly whites like those you see on the toothpaste ads, because those are enhanced either digitally or they're veneers, but your teeth will be straight.

Give it time.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554