Hi I'm new :)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ashleyy

Hi I'm new :)

#1 Post by ashleyy »

Hey everyone I figured I'd just post an introductory post about myself since I haven't done that yet. I already posted something in the "stories" sub forum about my history and everything.

Anyway, basically my name is Ashley and I'm 27 years old. I've really been interested in getting braces to fix my overbite and various misaligned teeth since it's not something I was able to do when I was younger (money/parents reasons). I'm in the process still of getting consultations with different orthodontists, so we'll see how things go from there.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello, so thanks for reading ^_^

jenvieve

Re: Hi I'm new :)

#2 Post by jenvieve »

Hello Ashley. Welcome and good luck with your consultations. Have you decided what treatment option you are going for yet? (Or have you started your treatment?) First few days are a little rough, but after that you really do adapt to the extra gear in your mouth :) Good luck!

ashleyy

#3 Post by ashleyy »

[quote="jenvieve"]Hello Ashley. Welcome and good luck with your consultations. Have you decided what treatment option you are going for yet? (Or have you started your treatment?) First few days are a little rough, but after that you really do adapt to the extra gear in your mouth :) Good luck![/quote]

Thanks :) I have decided on an option, I was looking at three different orthos and I finally narrowed it down to one, I've made an appointment to start it's the beginning of April, so I'm assuming sometime in April I'll start since I have another appointment after the first one as well. I'm not sure if I'll start on the second appointment or the third... that's just something I'll have to ask them.

Anyway, like you said I've heard a lot of people say the first few days are kinda tough. I'm getting more and more worried about that, but I'm sure it'll be ok I'm just being my usual self and worrying too much haha.

kazinka

#4 Post by kazinka »

Hey! Same boat as yourself, part of the "older" generation finally getting braces done, never got the chance for braces when I was younger, and as a result I have an underbite :)

testimony777

#5 Post by testimony777 »

Hi ashleyy! Welcome to the community.
Braced: March 18, 2016
De-bonded : December 29, 2017 (22 months out of the 18-24 month treatment plan I was given)
Retainers: Fixed on top and bottom/ Clear, removable for nighttime wear

MummaFish48

#6 Post by MummaFish48 »

Welcome ashleyy...
This is a great resource...
Ask any question and someone will pop up with an answer or experience..
I'm 53...get braced in 10 days after procrastinating for 4 years!!
DON'T do that!! They would be off by now!
If you are thinking of it, just do it as you will only constantly re-visit it and be cross you put it off!!
Good Luck

ashleyy

#7 Post by ashleyy »

Thanks everyone :)

I have an appointment today with the ortho for them to go over the molds and X-Rays and stuff they took and devise a more detailed plan than what they gave me during the initial consultation. I think it's possible from what they said last time that I could even start today so I'm kinda terrified, but I'll have to wait and find out I guess.

ashleyy

#8 Post by ashleyy »

Ok so like the appointment went well and I've scheduled the future appointments. Next week I go to get spacers (kinda scared). And then the week after that they have to put in an appliance on the top and then finally the first week of May they'll actually do the braces.

So I'll just take it one thing at a time. Right now I'm trying to stop freaking out about the spacers. From everything I heard they can really be uncomfortable :/

mymble

#9 Post by mymble »

Hi Ashleyy, I'm new to this forum AND to braces too.. I'm getting one of my teeth pulled tomorrow morning. I am a little nervous (lots) but I am excited to get my braces. Have you figure out what you want? metal or ceramic?

ashleyy

#10 Post by ashleyy »

mymble wrote:Hi Ashleyy, I'm new to this forum AND to braces too.. I'm getting one of my teeth pulled tomorrow morning. I am a little nervous (lots) but I am excited to get my braces. Have you figure out what you want? metal or ceramic?
Hey sorry to have taken so long to reply :/ I decided on the traditional metal ones. I hope everything went well with your teeth being pulled :)

thenorw

#11 Post by thenorw »

Hi Ashley! I'm also new :) I wish you a great process and I hope that you recieve the results you hope for. Keep updating!

kirkyb2809

#12 Post by kirkyb2809 »

Hi! Can't wait to see how it goes :)