Whats the verdict?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MunchkinLand

Whats the verdict?

#1 Post by MunchkinLand »

Hi guys, so for those who don't know my story I was diagnosed with ectopic upper canines (with severe crowding on the left), an open bite and a rotated upper jaw. Went through a couple consults and basically my current ortho said if I wanted to avoid extracting my premolars (which I do if at all possible, not scared I just don't want to lose perfectly healthy teeth!) he would allow me to try an expander but cautioned it may not work given my age. Well, 24 turns and 2 weeks later I infact DO have a small gap. I expirienced everything I was told I might, preasure in the nose and teeth area for about a week, plus mild head aches then after that all I feel is pressure while turning and pressure in my front teeth and a pinch where my gap has formed.

Thing is, he said he would know within 2 weeks if its going to work or not. I am so nervous that he might not think it worth it to continue.. As I said I DO have a small gap forming, but not sure if thevprogress made will be significant enough. Only one molar has tipped but so far I havent noticed it getting any worse since the gap started. My hope is he will tell me to keep turning for a week or something.. just hope this wasnt all for nothing! If it works I am a candidate for invisalign! If it doesn't, our fall back plan is extracting the premolars (top and bottom for proper alignment) allowing room for the canines on top and proceed with clear braces.. hopefully no extractions necessary! 5 hours to go until my appointment!

MunchkinLand

Re: Whats the verdict?

#2 Post by MunchkinLand »

In case anyone is wondering, I have to turn it for two more weeks and then do a final check but it is doing something so that's good!