Shaping teeth - Gritty feeling?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KayKay

Shaping teeth - Gritty feeling?

#1 Post by KayKay »

I had my bottom front teeth shaped today - slightly and besides feeling tender and sensitive, they feel "gritty". Is that something that self-polishes to smooth them or is there something I can do to polish them so they don't feel like they were sand-papered?
Looking forward to the new smile,
KayKay

littlething

Re: Shaping teeth - Gritty feeling?

#2 Post by littlething »

I had my canine tooth reshaped on the day I got braced, and it did feel gritty for awhile...not sure if I know of any methods to smooth it down...maybe your dentist can polish it or something, kinda like they polish a filling? But it's been 2 months and that feeling is gone, so it will smooth out in its own.

EWUgal15

#3 Post by EWUgal15 »

When I had IPR done, I was told that my teeth would feel rough until they were polished...which wouldn't be done until my braces came off or my next cleaning, whichever came first. My IPR has been done closer to the end of treatment...and with how things are looking right now, my braces will be off before my next cleaning.

CCinBraces

#4 Post by CCinBraces »

I had all 6 top teeth done--the grittiness smooths down in no time at all. Im thinking after a month I forgot all about it. It smooths out little by little. Mine now feel just as smooth as all the rest of my teeth.