Week 2 braces progress

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mimo1985

Week 2 braces progress

#1 Post by Mimo1985 »

Hi all -
Just posting some photos of week 2. There is not any noticeable changes on my teeth being "straighter" (I think), but on my open bite things looks slightly less open :) Pretty happy I see something different so quickly. Obviously I have a long way to go. I can't wait until the top arch is straight.

Start Date: May 10 2016
Removal Date: Dec 10 2016
Anterior Crossbite
Anterior Openbite 2mm

lovecakenfruit

Re: Week 2 braces progress

#2 Post by lovecakenfruit »

Thanks for posting! Can you chew normally and any more pain?

Mimo1985

#3 Post by Mimo1985 »

lovecakenfruit wrote:Thanks for posting! Can you chew normally and any more pain?

I think around day 5/6 I felt like I could eat a bit more normally. The front of my teeth are still sensitive - but the back molars feel fine. I was able to eat some harder foods by day 8, and definitely not in any pain :)
Anterior Crossbite
Anterior Openbite 2mm

demarcheesy

#4 Post by demarcheesy »

Crazy progress for two weeks! I bet you're stoked!

Mimo1985

#5 Post by Mimo1985 »

demarcheesy wrote:Crazy progress for two weeks! I bet you're stoked!
Totally :D

Im not going to lie - having these for two weeks has been a drain but if I keep seeing progress - it just motivates me that I made the right decision.
Anterior Crossbite
Anterior Openbite 2mm

KatieMiller

#6 Post by KatieMiller »

I can definitely see movement already! Your bite is considerably less open! It's amazing how quickly these "torture devices" can move things along! Congrats!
Adult with Ceramic Brackets, Natural colored bands, and metal wire. Phase 2 after having them as a child. Started on May 3rd, 2016. Estimated completion April/May 2017

Mimo1985

#7 Post by Mimo1985 »

KatieMiller wrote:I can definitely see movement already! Your bite is considerably less open! It's amazing how quickly these "torture devices" can move things along! Congrats!
Thanks Katie - Me too, Im sort of baffled it went down that much. I hope by month 6 itll be mostly closed. Ill keep my fingers crossed :rose:
Anterior Crossbite
Anterior Openbite 2mm