Invisalign.. my story.

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ohhnoregrets

Invisalign.. my story.

#1 Post by Ohhnoregrets »

Hey everyone. I'm new here, and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm excited to have somewhere to share my progress. I'm 28 years old, live in the US, and finally decided to get braces. My smile isn't awful, but in today's day and age we all strive for perfection. I had my consultation 3/4 weeks ago, did the exam, ordered the trays, and went in yesterday to pick up my first set.

My initial reaction? It wasn't so bad. They clipped right into place. After a few hours, I definitely felt the tightness. No pain, but I won't forget I have them in my mouth. I bought some denture cleaner, as suggested by my ortho. The first 12 hours of having them in, I forgot to eat. I think they will be a good diet plan, ha. I let them clean this morning, but then struggled to get them back in. After 10 minutes of fighting with them.. I realized they were upside down. Oops. Day two hasn't been bad. Still no pain, just tender. I go back in 2 weeks for my Propel treatment, to get my attachments, and more aligners. I have 32 total, so my estimated treatment plan is 15 weeks.

Ohhnoregrets

Re: Invisalign.. my story.

#2 Post by Ohhnoregrets »

Update: Yesterday I had 12 attachments put on, 7 on the top and 5 on the bottom. I also had previously researched the propel treatment, and decided to accelerate my treatment by getting it done. The procedure took less than 30 minutes, and I truly didn't feel a thing. They numbed the heck out of my face, and I opted for gas. I bled for a little while, took 3 Tylenol, and slept for 8 hours straight. This morning my front teeth were a little sensitive when taking out and putting my aligners back in, but I don't have any other discomfort.

FixMyOpenBitePlz

#3 Post by FixMyOpenBitePlz »

Thanks for sharing your Invisalign story!

Jkunzcoleman

#4 Post by Jkunzcoleman »

I am considering propel and wondering if you could tell me how long the holes / treatment area took to heal? I have a gummy smile and don't want to have a bunch of crazy holes showing every time I smile for too long at least? Any other complications from treatment for you?

Thanks much

phasesofbeauty

#5 Post by phasesofbeauty »

Hi OP,

Any more updates?
Helpful Information to Make Your Life More Frugal and More Fun!
https://krystalbrownblog.wordpress.com

iriecruiser

#6 Post by iriecruiser »

Hello! I'd be interested in finding out a little more about the propel process as well. It sounds like a great tool, but I'm concerned about the potential negative outcome to the strength of the teeth in the gums...?

leonabritt

#7 Post by leonabritt »

Thanks for sharing your story!! I'm about to get my invisalign treatment from Skyview Dental in Aurora ( http://www.skyviewdental.ca/cosmetic-de ... nvisalign/ ). I have made up my mind not to read any post as I have seen many mixed reviews but I'm not able to do it. Since a few days are left for my initial consultation I'm more nervous and restless. So I'm here and I feel at ease after reading your post as you mentioned the procedure was not painful.
I will update my post soon as I consult my dentist on 11th. Do you find any difficulty in maintaining your invisalign?