Brace day!! :)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

autumnl

Brace day!! :)

#1 Post by autumnl »

So today was the big day. I got metal train tracks with baby blue bands. No moving teeth yet since I have extractions in a week, so I have just a thin, delicate wire. The brackets feel HUGE behind my lips- will take some time getting used to. I'm so ready for this, though. I have a 9mm overjet and a couple teeth that overlap on top and rotated sideways canines on the bottom. This forum has helped soo much so far with preparing me for what's to come, helpful tips, and products to buy. My Waterpik is due to arrive on Wednesday :)

thegolfer86

Re: Brace day!! :)

#2 Post by thegolfer86 »

That's awesome! Congratulations!! Did they give you an option of brackets? I also have a big overjet I will be attempting to fix soon; they've told me the #5 & #12 first molars gotta go.
Empower SL: 2 August 2016 to est. Fall 2018

autumnl

#3 Post by autumnl »

Thanks! Yeah- I just didn't think the ceramic was for me. Told me invisalign wouldn't really work at all for the top. I'm planning on rockin' the colored ligs anyway :). Plus- traditional metal was cheaper lol. I'm losing 4 teeth- bicuspids- top and bottom. Then the fun really starts lol. He told me that I'm gonna be pleasantly surprised as to how fast they move back once I get them removed. Still looking at approx. 2 years in treatment, though. Good luck to you on the start of your journey!

autumnl

#4 Post by autumnl »

I just realized that the first molar/first bicuspid are the same tooth lol. So we are the same!

Tyrantblade

#5 Post by Tyrantblade »

Well im pretty sure bicuspids are premolars actually, wouldn't want to get molars removed as that would have to be way too much space.

Anyways congrats, and thin, light wires can still move teeth, in fact they do most of the movements and then tougher wires are more for fine tuning.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

thegolfer86

#6 Post by thegolfer86 »

autumnl wrote:Thanks! Yeah- I just didn't think the ceramic was for me. Told me invisalign wouldn't really work at all for the top. I'm planning on rockin' the colored ligs anyway :). Plus- traditional metal was cheaper lol. I'm losing 4 teeth- bicuspids- top and bottom. Then the fun really starts lol. He told me that I'm gonna be pleasantly surprised as to how fast they move back once I get them removed. Still looking at approx. 2 years in treatment, though. Good luck to you on the start of your journey!
Thanks! One of the orthodontists I've considered wanted to take out top & bottom premolars too, but I talked him into just the top since the bottom aren't severely crowded but more slight-to-moderate crowded. I'm sure 2 years will go by quick once we become one of those veterans here that says they sometimes forget they're wearing braces lol
Tyrantblade wrote:Well im pretty sure bicuspids are premolars actually, wouldn't want to get molars removed as that would have to be way too much space.

Anyways congrats, and thin, light wires can still move teeth, in fact they do most of the movements and then tougher wires are more for fine tuning.
After having looked at the chart again you are absolutely correct. My mistake for causing any confusion.
Empower SL: 2 August 2016 to est. Fall 2018

autumnl

#7 Post by autumnl »

Tyrantblade- you're right. I totally meant to say premolar. Call me a noob lol :). And you are also correct in saying this super light wire can still do something cause my bottom front teeth are a bit "unhappy" this morning.

HummerMan3

#8 Post by HummerMan3 »

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Lorianne

#9 Post by Lorianne »

Good luck! Ahh, water pik is the best invention EVER!