Braces at 32

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

broadabroad

Braces at 32

#1 Post by broadabroad »

I ended up getting braces a second time at 32. My first go round was during my teenage years and I was not properly educated on braces maintenance and proper elastic wear. Now that I am doing it again to fix other issues, I am trying to be as proactive as possible. I have a long road ahead of me as I ultimately will have to get a bone graft and dental implant placed for a molar that was extracted several years ago. So far I am at nine weeks with ceramic braces on the top and metal braces on the bottom. I had one tooth extracted to balance out my jaw as my previous orthodontist extracted an odd number of teeth and my midline was significantly shifted. I will post pictures later.

MummaFish48

Re: Braces at 32

#2 Post by MummaFish48 »

Welcome!
This is a great forum to connect and people love to hear how others are getting on.
Good luck on your journey
:D

broadabroad

#3 Post by broadabroad »

Thank you, Mummafish. I am very glad I found this community.

Tiche

#4 Post by Tiche »

Welcome and GL with your braces!

broadabroad

#5 Post by broadabroad »

I'm nearing the end of my braces journey and I really want to post updated pictures, but I'm not sure how to do that on an iPhone. I'll have to dig around on here and see if it's possible. My ortho has me coming back in on March 22 and then she said she would start "closing me out," with a possible debanding date in April or at the latest May. I'm in my final wire, she's just trying to grt my midline on and I think she's going to put me in finishing elastics. (At least I hope she does.) I wonder what the minimum time for those would be to set a good bite. My next step is to get a bone graft for a molar that had to be pulled a few years back, and then finally an inplant. I'm pregnant right now, so the graft is off the table until after baby arrives. Does anyone know what the success rate is of grafts done soon after childbirth? I realize that is very specific, but if anyone would know, it would be this group! I'm so happy to finally be coming to the end of my treatment, but on the other hand I wish I already had the graft and implant taken care of.

broadabroad

#6 Post by broadabroad »

I would also like to add I forgot my own age. :lol: One year off isn't bad!