How is everyone going with their braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rainbowcatcher

How is everyone going with their braces?

#1 Post by rainbowcatcher »

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask you all how you are going with your braces, how long you've had them on, when your expected time is to have them taken off and whether you've had any issues.

9 months in
Sentence 24 months
Currently using ram elastics in a triangle shape (killing me!) can hardly open my mouth
Feel my teeth have stopped moving and starting to develop an slight overbite where the elastic have pulled my side teeth in and not my front teeth

Good luck on your braces journey!

Lisamichelle18

Re: How is everyone going with their braces?

#2 Post by Lisamichelle18 »

Hi rainbowcatcher! I'm one month today! Actually just got my wires changed from a 0.14 to 0.18 and had a coil put on. I'm looking at 12-15 months. No problems at all ... Just a little soreness. Just got my first sore last week which is awesome. I was expecting my whole mouth to be tore up when I got braced. These new thicker wires have my mouth a little sore tonight but nothing a few Advil can't fix :wink:

Good luck to you as well!!!

Tyrantblade

#3 Post by Tyrantblade »

Wow, im not 9 months in yet, but i also have to wear Rams in triangles and ive found i have to be really carefully as they break easy for me, but i feel they are working great, especially on my top left side which is coming together quick, while my top right is still noticeably off from the bottom right
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

maralv

#4 Post by maralv »

Im set to get them removed next month!!!! finally.

metalliKa

#5 Post by metalliKa »

Doubling up on rabbit in a class II since last Tuesday on the right. So far my right has moved into place but left has a slight cross/open bite.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

Tyrantblade

#6 Post by Tyrantblade »

When i was looking at my teeth i noticed on my right side that the top teeth are right above the bottom brackets and wires on that side, im a little slarmed that something may happen, but hoping the time until my next adjustment goes fine with nothing bad happening
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

metalliKa

#7 Post by metalliKa »

Actually now that I have some time today to really inspect my teeth, the right side where I'm wearing elastics has an overbite and the left with non elastic wearing has a open cross bite. Didn't get a chance to call ortho. Will do sometime tomorrow.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

ebills

#8 Post by ebills »

Hi,

I'm 13 months in, with an anticipated sentence of 24 months, however, my orthognathic surgery was supposed to be after 12 months of braces, and that still is stretched to at least April. :| I'm not sure if this also stretches out my sentence for braces, but either way, I hardly notice them there anymore. :tingrin:
smilemrsbills.wordpress.com

Lorianne

#9 Post by Lorianne »

28 months in. Original sentence 16-20 mos. yikes! I'm way over now. Trying to fix a cant using a TAD.

Carrotcake

#10 Post by Carrotcake »

Started 20 April 2015. So it's been approximately 10mth.
Was fitted with the strongest wire I need for my treatment. So hoping to finish in the next 4-6mth!

braces25

#11 Post by braces25 »

Just passed the one month mark with my braces. I have my first adjustment this saturday. Ive noticed alot of movement especially in my lower canine. That tooth was was behind the other teeth due to the baby tooth not falling out. The adult tooth just grew behind it. Beem seeing a lot of movement from that tooth which im very excited about

maralv

#12 Post by maralv »

my last appt they took the bottom wire out and just chained.... getting braces off march 3rd. Is it weird that they would of taken the wire off?

lambchop

#13 Post by lambchop »

Original estimate: 18-24 months. Currently: 55 months...but who's counting? :roll: I am soooo sick of cleaning these things! I'm wearing one tortoise elastic on the left side from a new hook they added with a wire tie on the last visit on a tooth that had never had a rubber band on it before, to the upper canine. Trying to close the bite on that side, and I have something called an ARC appliance on the front 6 teeth to try to close remaining gaps and keep the cant correct. I have a VERY small gap or two on the left side (I had two upper bicuspids removed) and I suppose I'm happy my orthos (I have two) are being so particular (especially since I haven't made a payment to them in almost three years), but I am ready to be done! (Also, so sick of my coworkers and customers asking when I'm going to be done!)

jfriend33

#14 Post by jfriend33 »

lambchop wrote:Original estimate: 18-24 months. Currently: 55 months...but who's counting? :roll: I am soooo sick of cleaning these things! I'm wearing one tortoise elastic on the left side from a new hook they added with a wire tie on the last visit on a tooth that had never had a rubber band on it before, to the upper canine. Trying to close the bite on that side, and I have something called an ARC appliance on the front 6 teeth to try to close remaining gaps and keep the cant correct. I have a VERY small gap or two on the left side (I had two upper bicuspids removed) and I suppose I'm happy my orthos (I have two) are being so particular (especially since I haven't made a payment to them in almost three years), but I am ready to be done! (Also, so sick of my coworkers and customers asking when I'm going to be done!)
Do you have to pay extra for that amount of time? I am so glad my price stays the same no matter how long it takes!

Why is it taking that long? Isn't root resorption a concern? Or are they moving things super slowly?

lambchop

#15 Post by lambchop »

I haven't heard anything from them about additional payment; my contract for payment was fulfilled after 24 months, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm done. Also haven't heard anything about root resorption; they just seem to be perfectionists, and since I'm a bit older (45), maybe my teeth are just old and cranky, haha. The ARC appliance was ordered specially for me, and most of the assistants aren't familiar with it when they work on me. The orthos seem to think it's doing what it's supposed to be doing, so we're all just trying to be patient....