Damon Clear - aspiromusings braced @33 story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aspiromusings

Re: Damon Clear - aspiromusings braced @33 story

#61 Post by aspiromusings »

ItsFreyja wrote:Looking good! I bet those lower incisors straighten out really quickly for you. The things crimped onto your upper archwire are called ball hooks; looks like a more thoughtful alternative to just putting a powerchain over the front 6.
Thanks ItsFreyja! - Everything you've said so far has come true (i.e. bite blockers) so I hope my lower incisors straighten up real quick too haha

The "ball hooks" have been doing its job, my gap on the top row is almost completely closed again

:mrgreen: :-* :-* :-*
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

aspiromusings

#62 Post by aspiromusings »

The braces on the lower teeth have been wrecking havoc creating 5 cent piece size ulcers everywhere in my mouth

Anyone with tips on how to make these go away quicker?

ItsFreyja

#63 Post by ItsFreyja »

Aspiro, is this the first time you've had metal brackets and uncoated wires? I am wondering if you might be experiencing a nickel allergy. It's unusual for new-braces irritation to last this long or be this severe, especially since you presumably already know about and may be using wax, saline and peroxide rinses, lysine supplements, etc.

aspiromusings

#64 Post by aspiromusings »

ItsFreyja wrote:Aspiro, is this the first time you've had metal brackets and uncoated wires? I am wondering if you might be experiencing a nickel allergy. It's unusual for new-braces irritation to last this long or be this severe, especially since you presumably already know about and may be using wax, saline and peroxide rinses, lysine supplements, etc.
Hey ItsFreyja I'm much better now! It started getting better when I got some wax on the brackets around the ulcer areas but my ortho also gave me this AMAZING paste called ORac$%t which basically numbs and seals up the ulcer area while healing it - the ulcers went away pretty much in 2 days

After roughly a month of getting my lower braces the ulcers have finally stopped ;)

ItsFreyja

#65 Post by ItsFreyja »

That's great news! Glad you're doing better... a month is a long time to deal with bad mouth sores. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out!

metalliKa

#66 Post by metalliKa »

Oooo, it sounds so severe! Glad to hear it's healing with the help of wax and paste gel from ortho.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

27braces88

#67 Post by 27braces88 »

I got my damon clear braces yesterday. Pretty excited!

aspiromusings

#68 Post by aspiromusings »

I am getting progressively worse at updating my progress anyway, my last appointment was at the beginning of this month and I finally got to find out what those hooks on my upper archwire were for.. elastics!

I have double elastics going on the left and right, one yellow one that is hooked onto the clear hook and a white elastic (that I change daily) that goes on to the metal hook

I have to say that I am overjoyed by elastics but at least they may mean my gaps will close faster, changes are a lot more subtle now but still happening, I have felt my overjet reducing, basically right now only the front 4 are not quite touching my bottom row, the lateral incisors are almost in contact now with my bottom row

My next appointment is this Friday (23rd October 2015) where I will most probably get a powerchain added (again) to my top row

In a completely unrelated story I met a guy just this week who has had his braces on for 4 years and counting (!) - *note to self to ask for all the powerchains and elastics to be used at the next appointment

peace out!

lilyflower

#69 Post by lilyflower »

aspiromusings wrote:I am getting progressively worse at updating my progress anyway, my last appointment was at the beginning of this month and I finally got to find out what those hooks on my upper archwire were for.. elastics!

I have double elastics going on the left and right, one yellow one that is hooked onto the clear hook and a white elastic (that I change daily) that goes on to the metal hook

I have to say that I am overjoyed by elastics but at least they may mean my gaps will close faster, changes are a lot more subtle now but still happening, I have felt my overjet reducing, basically right now only the front 4 are not quite touching my bottom row, the lateral incisors are almost in contact now with my bottom row

My next appointment is this Friday (23rd October 2015) where I will most probably get a powerchain added (again) to my top row

In a completely unrelated story I met a guy just this week who has had his braces on for 4 years and counting (!) - *note to self to ask for all the powerchains and elastics to be used at the next appointment

peace out!
Great progress! Four years???? Yikes!!
The problems:
Lower crowding, a slightly rotated upper canine and a deep bite

Invisalign G5 started Oct 12, 2015
Attachments: 21
Total number of trays: 28 upper, 38 lower
Estimated treatment time: 18 months
Follow my progress http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=49130

luk

#70 Post by luk »

Hi aspiromusings ,

Can you send me please a private message with your email address to asking you more things about Damon Clear ?

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 12&t=49347

Why you have in some pictures cosmetic archwire ( white ) and in some of them traditional metallic archwire ( dark colour ) ?
I've asked ORMCO , and they have tould me, they doesn't have cosmetic(white) archwire .
Which brand and modell of cosmetic archwire have used your orthodontist , if ORMCO doesn't have this kind of archwire ?
In lower archade , you have just 6 Damon Clear brackets, and the rest are metallic brackets ? Why ?

thank you and i'll wait your private message with your email address for can asking you more things about Damon Clear .

luk

#71 Post by luk »

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 6&start=60

"but my ortho also gave me this AMAZING paste called ORac$%t which basically numbs and seals up the ulcer area while healing it - the ulcers went away pretty much in 2 days"

aspiromusings , can you tell me please in private message which paste have give it to you your ortho , because i don't understand nothing about what you coded writen .

thank you

aspiromusings

#72 Post by aspiromusings »

luk wrote:Hi aspiromusings ,

Can you send me please a private message with your email address to asking you more things about Damon Clear ?

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 12&t=49347

Why you have in some pictures cosmetic archwire ( white ) and in some of them traditional metallic archwire ( dark colour ) ?
I've asked ORMCO , and they have tould me, they doesn't have cosmetic(white) archwire .
Which brand and modell of cosmetic archwire have used your orthodontist , if ORMCO doesn't have this kind of archwire ?
In lower archade , you have just 6 Damon Clear brackets, and the rest are metallic brackets ? Why ?

thank you and i'll wait your private message with your email address for can asking you more things about Damon Clear .
Hi Luk,

First of all a disclaimer to say that I do not have any related qualifications and my comments are merely based on my experience so far with braces,therefore a lot of the questions and concerns you have need to be directed at an orthodontist or in the very least your regular dentist

Now in terms of your question(s) even when going with the Damon clear option you will have the very last bracket at the very end left and right in steel, my top row end brackets are also metal, my end brackets are metal on the bottom as my second molar at the bottom is actually a crown and ceramic will not work as well

I will re-emphasize that I only had cosmetic white archwires in the first few months of my treatment - the wires I have now are very thick and according to my orthodontist are only available as non-coated steel

It seems like a lot of your concern surrounds the aesthetic appearance of braces to which I will say that metal or clear or invisalign braces you can still tell they're there regardless therefore I'd advise you to not be too concerned about it, braces are temporary, a nice smile post braces are forever :wink:

Alex44

#73 Post by Alex44 »

Wow, looking great so far. Just got my Damon clears on Wednesday and still can't eat anything hard yet! How long before you saw progress?

I also don't get the Asian comment Hahahaha.

aspiromusings

#74 Post by aspiromusings »

Alex44 wrote:Wow, looking great so far. Just got my Damon clears on Wednesday and still can't eat anything hard yet! How long before you saw progress?

I also don't get the Asian comment Hahahaha.
Hi Alex

Welcome to the club

I saw a lot of very obvious movement the first 4 months or so especially after I had my first premolars at the top extracted as that made room for my canines to come down - these days the movement is a lot more subtle (though still happening) - basically I am just waiting for my extraction sites to close up which could be a while yet... =)

Have you experienced any pain? I have to say that apart from some soreness I haven't had any real issues with my braces, also braces have not stopped me from eating anything ! :) :) :)

Are you Asian by the way? lol - if you are you should get that I'm referring to the fact that we are generally a bit more stingy and tight on any money expenditure, think Jessica from the Fresh off the Boat show lol

aspiromusings

#75 Post by aspiromusings »

Wow so I guess its been a LONG while since I last posted!,

I think definitely one of the things I have learn in the close to 10 months in braces is caring a lot less what other people think about my braced look which is an awesome feeling and is one that I can share for those who are considering braces but are worried about how it may affect their appearance.

Here's my progress thus far...

The changes are definitely a lot more subtle in the front especially but my bite is improving, here's where my extraction gaps are at

My bite is improving and the gaps are definitely closing, with every visit my elastics get changed to a thicker one, strangely through no real pain (not complaining though), for those who are not familiar with what they look like here's an example

I also now have 3 orthodontic brushes of varying sizes as the movement have opened up gaps or black triangle looking holes between my teeth, here's the ones I'm using at present

(1) Or#$-B - Fantastic for cleaning in between brackets

(2)W#$%ons - Fantastic for cleaning the "black triangles" between teeth