Braces for the THIRD time!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tobilei

Re: Braces for the THIRD time!

#16 Post by Tobilei »

Looking nice and straight :-*

denSMSgt

#17 Post by denSMSgt »

So here we are a long time since I'd posted last. My work work schedule has been wonky for a while so larger times between appointments and I wasn't very happy with what the ortho stated was the finished product I'm living in another state and took my younger son to an orthodontist that uses the smartclip brackets too. Decided to have a consult and see his thoughts... Well behold, my concerns were what he pointed out and he felt good he could fix things properly.

So tonight I sit here with newly installed bite turbos on the back of my front teeth. Not liking it too much but am more than willing if it'll help the still deep/overbite and get my lower molars uprighted properly!

This guy seems to LOVE the detailing stage and is admittedly nit picky! I'm thrilled with that since the other guy seemed more concerned with quantity than quality. The new ortho was super in-depth and explained everything, I loved the time he spent with us for my son and am not too bummed about paying him to finish what I already had paid off with the old guy.

Well that's it for now, I'm really interested to see how this will go!

Smile y'all! :tingrin:

d

jem

#18 Post by jem »

So have you worn these braces for 4 years?
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

metalliKa

#19 Post by metalliKa »

Welcome back! But you weren't very specific in your latest post whether you got debraced or still in braces and getting bite turbos.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

denSMSgt

#20 Post by denSMSgt »

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Still in them, yes 4 years now because of a combination of my unhappiness with the supposed final result and working in another state, coming back to visit my family and getting tweaks. Now that my family has moved and we found a SAVVY ortho, I've decided to transfer.

These bite turbos are really messing with my mind. I've had quite a few experiences with orthodontic stuff, but this is a first!

Cheers :tingrin:

d

metalliKa

#21 Post by metalliKa »

Thanks for the clarification! 4 years! :yikes:

I'm aiming for 1 year and it seems like an eternity. Crossing my fingers that this new ortho will do the job for you.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

denSMSgt

#22 Post by denSMSgt »

The time doesn't really bother me as I actually hate retainers more than braces! I feel confident this guy will get it closer to right and what I think is good. :tingrin:

ray11

#23 Post by ray11 »

Congrats to the new smile. :D