BeautifulDisaster - Story Revealed

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lupego

Re: BeautifulDisaster - Story Revealed

#46 Post by Lupego »

Really impressive result

onwardsandupwards

#47 Post by onwardsandupwards »

Just had a read through and your progress is really amazing!! Even after the first month or two there was already significant progress showing, I can only hope my teeth get shifting as quickly as yours have done! Can't wait to see how you progress further :D

BeautifulDisaster

#48 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

I have made it a year in braces!!!

As usual, I am a bit behind on my updates. I'm really excited to make my Day 1 vs. 12 Month comparison, but first thing is first. Here is my 11 month update.
2015Month11-Comparison.jpg
081115Month11-UppersComparison.jpg
081115Month11-LowersComparison.jpg
The big thing on my adjustment was having 5 brackets repositioned. I was definitely sore after that. It reminded me a lot of the soreness of first getting braces.

You can see some pretty distinct gaps on the upper left side. I'm not a fan of how often I get food caught between my premolars, but I know that is only a temporary problem.

I still need to edit the pictures for my 12 month comparison, but hopefully I can get those up in the next few days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

27 year old female
Traditional braces: clear uppers, metal lowers
Expected treatment time: 24 months
Brace story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=47574

metalliKa

#49 Post by metalliKa »

Ahhh...disaster is beautifully revealed! Congrats on making to the one year mark! I'm pretty sure you are satisfied with your result so far and the end will only get better.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

bracedorange

#50 Post by bracedorange »

Fantastic progress, congratulations!

sheilas

#51 Post by sheilas »

Hi, I am encouraged by your story. I have, like you underdeveloped jaws with severe crowding and initially my ortho suggested extractions but is doing the non-extraction first. Less than 2 months in, teeth in my lower jaw are nearly aligned. My top teeth have a bit of work to do (they are all wonky), but have started to unravel. Thanks for sharing your story. Your teeth look awesome!

BeautifulDisaster

#52 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

I am two months behind, but I am finally posting my 12 month update.
2015Month12-Comparison.jpg
091115Month12-UppersComparison.jpg
091115Month12-LowersComparison.jpg
I cheated with these pictures and didn't take them on my actual braces anniversary. I thought I would have something more interesting to say if I waited until my next appointment. It turned out to be a very eventful appointment. Because my lower jaw wasn't fitting too well underneath my upper jaw, my ortho did some Interproximal Reduction (IPR) on my lower front teeth to reduce the size of my jaw by 2-3 mm. The procedure was pretty quick and only involved a little bit of pressure. I also got a power chain on my lowers to help bring the teeth together. My teeth felt a little "loose" the first couple of days, but that's about it.

My ortho said that if he needed to create more space, he would look into a little bit more IPR, but it sounds like it did the trick.

I am amazed at how much my smile has transformed over the past year. Braces have treated me well. I think the next year will involve a lot of elastics to align my jaws and improve my bite, along with some detail work on getting some teeth into the right place. All I can say is that this past year has been great, and I can't wait to see what my smile will look like in another year!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

27 year old female
Traditional braces: clear uppers, metal lowers
Expected treatment time: 24 months
Brace story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=47574

Bracesat57

#53 Post by Bracesat57 »

Your teeth look fantastic! Great progress!

Braces installed October 2, 2014
Braces removed May 17, 2016

TheProfessor

#54 Post by TheProfessor »

Wow! That is amazing progress for 1 year! :jump:
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

uche123

#55 Post by uche123 »

Congratulations