Confess your orthodontic sins.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Camblkid

Re: Confess your orthodontic sins.

#181 Post by Camblkid »

My first post!

In the two weeks that I've had these on, I've had coffee daily, a couple glasses of red wine, and today I chomped on a couple pieces of ice! I was so afraid something was going to break off, but it sure felt good on my mouth. I'm all torn up today and nothing is helping. But that ice... That was good stuff!

teeebeee

#182 Post by teeebeee »

oh yeah...I've drunk 3 coffees a day since day 1...it's not worth the fallout of me without coffee, especially first thing! lolol... :evil:

Also, in the first couple of weeks, I ate a lot of curry as it was one of the softest things I could make. Fortunately (!), my teeth aren't very white so it all blends in to one offwhite mass. :)

T x

kelly88

#183 Post by kelly88 »

I'm only two weeks in and I'm still a good girl!

My only sins so far are minor ones. Today I have been really busy so I didn't brush after lunch (maybe disgusting but oh well!) and yesterday I was so desperate for some of the home made short bread my fiance had baked that I soaked some in milk and ate it with a knife and fork...

kelly88

#184 Post by kelly88 »

Oh and I have also ate a lot of curry... Curry and coffee, two things I can't live without. My silver bumpers on my lower teeth are now a horrible shade of greeny yellow...

BracedSurgeryStudent

#185 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

smartfood popcorn, nevr broke anything eating, however i tried trimming the wire myelf snapped a bracket off.
Jenn Medeiros

LH2015

#186 Post by LH2015 »

I'm pretty stuff for the most part, but:

- I drink tea several times a day through a straw. They will not take that away from me.
- I drink coffee a couple of times a week through a straw.
- I drink Diet Coke a couple of times a week.
- I don't floss (because I can't, it hurts too much).
- I eat tomato based foods all the time.

jenvieve

#187 Post by jenvieve »

There was a Godiva chocolate shop RIGHT NEXT DOOR to my orthodontist office.... like come on - how fair is that. Literally minutes after getting my braces on... I walked into the Godiva shop and ate a truffle (well let the truffle melt in my mouth and swallowed it).... and yes... it was heavenly LOL

And I can't stop playing with my brackets and elastics. I catch myself at times strumming my elastics like a harp... haha

JeniK

#188 Post by JeniK »

:D. Well...here I thought I was really bad! I eat popcorn also. I love my candy! I do stay away from the real chewy stuff. Floss? Water pix. .and that is not as often as I started out doing. I am probably within 6 weeks of getting mine off. All my cleaning have been good. And one time when at the Orth office...i was told I get the award for the cleanest clear ligs coming off?! So all I all..i am not so bad after all!

onwardsandupwards

#189 Post by onwardsandupwards »

I LOVED reading this thread. Made me feel a hell of a lot better about my terrible self......

My sins (so far).....

- Still drinking tea/coffee on a daily basis
- I've only been using interdental brushes, no 'real' flossing... probably going to come back to bite me at my hygienist appt :oops:
- I don't brush after lunch (sometimes at weekends...)
- Sugary foods and crusty bread have definitely been consumed on numerous occasions. still avoiding sticky things though... :D
- OH and nuts! I thought I would have to give these up full time but I had a bag of dried fruit & nuts recently and even though it took me about half an hour to finish it god damnit it was delicious :BigGrin:

djspeece

#190 Post by djspeece »

onwardsandupwards wrote:I LOVED reading this thread. Made me feel a hell of a lot better about my terrible self......

My sins (so far).....

- Still drinking tea/coffee on a daily basis
- I've only been using interdental brushes, no 'real' flossing... probably going to come back to bite me at my hygienist appt :oops:
- I don't brush after lunch (sometimes at weekends...)
- Sugary foods and crusty bread have definitely been consumed on numerous occasions. still avoiding sticky things though... :D
- OH and nuts! I thought I would have to give these up full time but I had a bag of dried fruit & nuts recently and even though it took me about half an hour to finish it god damnit it was delicious :BigGrin:
Good work, keep it up! :gavel: The world is still spinning!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

NeilH

#191 Post by NeilH »

I felt really rubbish the other night and getting home late from work, just couldn't be bothered to put my elastics in. I spent most of the night awake worrying about this misdemeanour and am now suffering the consequence with a set of elastics that feels very tight and awkward!

djspeece

#192 Post by djspeece »

This is not really a confession, but one of the funniest and most embarrassing things that happened to me in the ortho's office followed a Propel session. As you may know, this involves the insertion and removal of TAD-like screws multiple times fore and aft of a tooth or that is reluctant to move. The idea is that it stimulates bone remodeling and hence tooth movement. I had an earlier go-round in which the ortho used only topical gel-anesthetic, and the therapy was quite painful despite what the Propel website claims. He was new to the approach, and wanted to know how it felt -- I told him it was intense. So when he proposed another round 6 weeks later, I looked askance. He assured me that he would numb me properly, which was accomplished by my general dentist (they are co-located) with injections.
Anyhow, at the end, I was instructed to go over to the sink and rinse for 3 minutes with an antibiotic mouthwash. I threw back the rinse, and started to rinse only to find that it either immediately dribbled out of my mouth because I could not properly approximate my numbed-up lips or squirted onto the mirror and all the stuff he had laying about the sink. I had to literally hold my lips together with my fingers to finish the job. I am sure I provided lots of entertainment to the other patients and the ortho staff. I was a mess. I walked back to the chair afterwards and the tech was staring at my waterlogged shirt and pants in disbelief but I acted like nothing was wrong with my head held high.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

buffon85

#193 Post by buffon85 »

i slept one night without brushing my teeth after having dinner out. i had eaten a salad and i was really tired (but not drunk). i woke up to find my teeth and braces covered in green stuff. never again :oops: (until the next time)

bottom premolars extractions: 9th of June 2015
top premolars extractions: 8th of October 2015

occamsblazer

#194 Post by occamsblazer »

:-* Oh my god this thread has made my day! That one about someone using their waterpik to clean the sink had me crying laughing!

Glad to see that not everyone abides by the Ortho Gods...I haven't even got mine on yet and I'm already trying to plan ways to sneak things down the hatch!

ditsy

#195 Post by ditsy »

I eat double deckers, mmmmm! And when I took the kids out trick or treating they were given banana toffees and well.... Come on! Banana toffee! That got ate!!!!