I'M FREE!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Featheryy1221

Re: I'M FREE!!!

#16 Post by Featheryy1221 »

NeilH wrote:Fantastic result, congratulations! And what a lovely smile, I bet you are delighted with the results.
Thank you NeilH! :) I am very, very happy with the results. I still am a little shocked every time I look in the mirror.

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

denabs

#17 Post by denabs »

Congrats !!

Lorianne

#18 Post by Lorianne »

Gorgeous smile! Congrats! You seem thrilled! I have an appt for a deband in 3 weeks. I'm so nervous about the end result!!!!!

BracedSurgeryStudent

#19 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Looks fantastic :mrgreen:
Jenn Medeiros

Rubyg

#20 Post by Rubyg »

Wow congratulations you have a fabulous wide smile!!!! So delighted to see such an impressive success story with a palate expander too :D

Featheryy1221

#21 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Thank you all. :)
Lorianne wrote:Gorgeous smile! Congrats! You seem thrilled! I have an appt for a deband in 3 weeks. I'm so nervous about the end result!!!!!
Good luck, Lorianne. I was worried slightly about the end result too, but I realized I worried for absolutely nothing. Lol. You teeth will turn out amazing! Good luck!
Rubyg wrote: So delighted to see such an impressive success story with a palate expander too :D
Thank you so much. :) yes, sometimes non-surgical expansion can work past the "normal" age. It really, really depends on the person and the amount of results needed.

phasesofbeauty

#22 Post by phasesofbeauty »

Amazing! You are proof that it can be done past the teen years. :D
Helpful Information to Make Your Life More Frugal and More Fun!
https://krystalbrownblog.wordpress.com

dbala

#23 Post by dbala »

Hi Featheryy1221! I'm a 23 yo female with crossbite and open bite and am also looking into palatal expansions. I'd love to see the progress you made with your expander but I can't see your photos! :( do you have a blog or somewhere else where you've shared them? I'd really love to get an idea of how its worked. Thank you!

[quote="Featheryy1221"]After 6 months with a palatal expander, impacted wisdom teeth removal, and 15 months with braces, I am officially BRACE FREE!

I just wanted to share my before and after with you all. Thank you all for your support and kindness over these past 21 months. Good luck to all you newbies. I promise it is worth it.

Also to anyone that says nonsurgical palatal expansion can never, ever be done past teenage years, you are wrong. I am proof of that. (Note: my case is not applicable to all, but to say it cannot be done is simply not true for every single case).

I'm beyond thrilled!!! :mrgreen: :-88[/quote]

djspeece

#24 Post by djspeece »

You look great, congratulations!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Featheryy1221

#25 Post by Featheryy1221 »

phasesofbeauty wrote:Amazing! You are proof that it can be done past the teen years. :D
Thanks! :) I was really lucky.
dbala wrote:Hi Featheryy1221! I'm a 23 yo female with crossbite and open bite and am also looking into palatal expansions. I'd love to see the progress you made with your expander but I can't see your photos! :( do you have a blog or somewhere else where you've shared them? I'd really love to get an idea of how its worked. Thank you!
Hi there! I don't have a blog, but I do have a thread under the "our braces stories" section on here. It's called, "my journey (expander then braces)" that's where I posted all my photos. You'll have to make more posts to become a full member, then you can see them. Sorry! I should have done a blog instead. Lol.
djspeece wrote:You look great, congratulations!
Thanks Dan! I think I skimmed really quickly on here one day and saw that you might be getting yours off soon? If so, congrats to you as well! :)

mynewmouth

#26 Post by mynewmouth »

I'm new to the board and have just started my journey to an expanded palette! I got my spacers in yesterday to make way for the expander..

It's very cool to hear of it working in a 20-something y/o as I hope it will all work out well for me!

Congrats! (I can't wait til I've posted a bit more and can see your photos!!)

stephcsun

#27 Post by stephcsun »

Your smile looks great! Congrats on the great results!
Can't wait to be brace free myself

Ayline

#28 Post by Ayline »

So happy for you!! My palatal expander also worked at age 26.

Lovespain5

#29 Post by Lovespain5 »

Fantastic smile!!! :mrgreen:
Congratulations!
Which kind of retainer do you have?
:?:-#):mrgreen:

Lilstinker1

#30 Post by Lilstinker1 »

Fab results!