I'M FREE!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Featheryy1221

I'M FREE!!!

#1 Post by Featheryy1221 »

After 6 months with a palatal expander, impacted wisdom teeth removal, and 15 months with braces, I am officially BRACE FREE!

I just wanted to share my before and after with you all. Thank you all for your support and kindness over these past 21 months. Good luck to all you newbies. I promise it is worth it.

Also to anyone that says nonsurgical palatal expansion can never, ever be done past teenage years, you are wrong. I am proof of that. (Note: my case is not applicable to all, but to say it cannot be done is simply not true for every single case).

I'm beyond thrilled!!! :mrgreen: :-88
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

Featheryy1221

Re: I'M FREE!!!

#2 Post by Featheryy1221 »

And upper jaw comparisons.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Siobhan

#3 Post by Siobhan »

Your smile looks fantastic! Congratulations! :mrgreen:

TheProfessor

#4 Post by TheProfessor »

Yay!!! Looks great!!! :dance:
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

Bracesat57

#5 Post by Bracesat57 »

Congratulations! Beautiful smile!

Braces installed October 2, 2014
Braces removed May 17, 2016

Featheryy1221

#6 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Siobhan wrote:Your smile looks fantastic! Congratulations! :mrgreen:
TheProfessor wrote:Yay!!! Looks great!!! :dance:
Bracesat57 wrote:Congratulations! Beautiful smile!
Thank you all. :D :flowerbloom:

lollypop

#7 Post by lollypop »

Wow that's amazing ! Did you need any extractions?
Brackets go on 01/06/2015

Visit my blog: adultinbraces.wordpress.com

pjade1

#8 Post by pjade1 »

Wow, how awesome is that? I am jealous. I still have a long ways to go. Looks great on you!
07/14/14 - 4 spacers put in
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/11/14 - 2 spacers put in between the bottom back molars
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too
10/14/14 - new square wire change and thick elastics
04/24/17 - braces removed!!! :BigGrin:

Featheryy1221

#9 Post by Featheryy1221 »

lollypop wrote:Wow that's amazing ! Did you need any extractions?
Thanks. :) Just my extremely impacted wisdom teeth were extracted. I had absolutely no room for them. My ortho office is a non-extraction office, which is controversial on here. I personally think extractions can go well for some people. I just didnt want them myself, my smile pre-braces was narrow and needed to be corrected.
pjade1 wrote:Wow, how awesome is that? I am jealous. I still have a long ways to go. Looks great on you!
Thank you! :) you'll be done in no time. Now that its over, I feel like it wasn't that long. But in braces I felt like it was an eternity.

dantocanada

#10 Post by dantocanada »

Your teeth look fantastic. Congrats!

I am so jealous because tomorrow is supposed to be my debond date, however I think the last problem with my 2nd molars they are trying to fix isn't fixed yet. I can tell they've moved, but I'm pretty sure not enough. Anyways, I'll be joining you in "naked teeth" land soon enough!

Camblkid

#11 Post by Camblkid »

I just got my braces on a couple weeks ago, it excites me to see your success story! Enjoy your freedom!

newbite

#12 Post by newbite »

What a wonderful transformation (such expansion!!)! Congratulations and enjoy your new smile! :D
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351

teeebeee

#13 Post by teeebeee »

What a lovely smile you have now! :)

T xx

Featheryy1221

#14 Post by Featheryy1221 »

dantocanada wrote:Your teeth look fantastic. Congrats!

I am so jealous because tomorrow is supposed to be my debond date, however I think the last problem with my 2nd molars they are trying to fix isn't fixed yet. I can tell they've moved, but I'm pretty sure not enough. Anyways, I'll be joining you in "naked teeth" land soon enough!
Thank you! :)
Yeah, hopefully your molars will move soon enough. Don't be too jealous, the retainer life so far is no picnic. Haha. :) I'm only on day 2 though. Lol. Good luck with the end of your treatment. :)
Camblkid wrote:I just got my braces on a couple weeks ago, it excites me to see your success story! Enjoy your freedom!
Thanks! :) good luck with your journey! I hope yours goes smoothly.
newbite wrote:What a wonderful transformation (such expansion!!)! Congratulations and enjoy your new smile! :D
Thank you so much! :) and yup, 15 mm of expansion for that smile. So crazy. Haha.
teeebeee wrote:What a lovely smile you have now! :)

T xx
Thank you! I appreciate that. :)

It's so weird seeing nice comments on my smile because since I was 7 (I'm 23 now), I HATED my smile and was always judged for it. This is like a breath of fresh air for me and I feel way more confident. Even with retainers that make me lisp. :mrgreen: :lol:

Thank you all for your kind comments and I hope that you all end with beautiful smiles. :)

NeilH

#15 Post by NeilH »

Fantastic result, congratulations! And what a lovely smile, I bet you are delighted with the results.