Story of a twentyseven-year-old

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

twentyseven

Re: Story of a twentyseven-year-old

#16 Post by twentyseven »

My thoughts after the first few days of bottoms? Tops were a walk in the park. This is pure hell. The inside of my cheeks is irritated like never before. :-+ Apparently, I was too self confident after the smoothless start and ortho carma decided to punish me :roll:

Skeetergirl

#17 Post by Skeetergirl »

I hope things get better quickly!

twentyseven

#18 Post by twentyseven »

Skeetergirl wrote:I hope things get better quickly!
Thank you:) Yes, it's much better today. I've waxed the hell out of them and it helped so much! I don't even mind the elastics anymore :)
Next appointment - 8th of May.

kelly88

#19 Post by kelly88 »

I hope things go smoothly till your next appointment and you're feeling better!

twentyseven

#20 Post by twentyseven »

kelly88 wrote:I hope things go smoothly till your next appointment and you're feeling better!
Thank you Kelly! I'll make sure to post some updates before my next appointment:)

aspiromusings

#21 Post by aspiromusings »

-
Last edited by aspiromusings on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

aspiromusings

#22 Post by aspiromusings »

Have had my tops on for about a week now and has been a painless experience so far, reading about your experience is making me slightly nervous about getting the bottoms braces on lol

And i completely feel you on the flossing bit, I was a bit in denial the first few days when it took me 30 minutes to floss before I ran out and got myself a water flosser (mine is a P-n-s_n_c one though), bring that everywhere with me now

Oh and regarding the inability to chew I would advise to invest in a good blender, it has been a lifesaver for me

Good luck - focus on the big picture of the situation and you'll be fine! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

twentyseven

#23 Post by twentyseven »

You shouldn't be nervous at all - except for a few rough days (inside of my cheeks railly painful because of the brackets), it's just fine. As far as eating is concerned - bottoms are now evel lesspainful than the uppers. Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

aspiromusings

#24 Post by aspiromusings »

twentyseven wrote:You shouldn't be nervous at all - except for a few rough days (inside of my cheeks railly painful because of the brackets), it's just fine. As far as eating is concerned - bottoms are now evel lesspainful than the uppers. Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)
Thanks! My bottom row probably will not go on for another few months yet, I do have some other challenges to overcome first though, my 2 premolars on the top row will be extracted in 17 days ! (not that I'm counting or anything) to make room for my top row to move back and (hopefully) correct my overbite, that should keep me busy for a while =)

How's your journey coming along?

twentyseven

#25 Post by twentyseven »

aspiromusings wrote:
twentyseven wrote:You shouldn't be nervous at all - except for a few rough days (inside of my cheeks railly painful because of the brackets), it's just fine. As far as eating is concerned - bottoms are now evel lesspainful than the uppers. Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)
Thanks! My bottom row probably will not go on for another few months yet, I do have some other challenges to overcome first though, my 2 premolars on the top row will be extracted in 17 days ! (not that I'm counting or anything) to make room for my top row to move back and (hopefully) correct my overbite, that should keep me busy for a while =)

How's your journey coming along?
Hello there!
Don't worry about premolars extractions. To me it was more of an emotional struggle than anything painful. So swelling or anything. I just felt bad with a huge gap that was so visible. But now, with braces, people see that your smile is "under construction" so it's not that big of a deal. So good luck with the extractions! Make sure to let us know how it went.
My story is going fine, thank you for asking. I can't see much straightening on the bottom yet, but I noticed an interesting thing
- I now hava a gap between my upper wisdom tooth and the rest of the teeth. I think it's because they are now the rest of the teeth to the front in order to close the gap after the premolar. The canine is moving into the gap too, but it's much more stubborn than the molars. That's strange and I don't know whether the molars are supposed to be moving in the direction of the gap

twentyseven

#26 Post by twentyseven »

It's been three months with my uppers now! It went by so quickly I can't believe it.
And since January I pulled off an interview at another company and I will soon be changing jobs. So yeah, it is definitely possible to succeed an interview with braces on ;)

I've been wearing elastics almost 24/7. My ortho told me not to eat with them on, but I was too lazy and just left them on :oops: Is it harmful? I always change them just after the meal, when I brush my teeth.
Anyway, I think that my midline moved about 1 mm thanks to the elastics. Progress is definitely visible when I look closer.

Posting some pictures of my uppers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

twentyseven

#27 Post by twentyseven »

And now the lowers and progress of the midline shifting :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jhenry

#28 Post by jhenry »

great progress!