Unrelenting pain.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mightymildred

Unrelenting pain.

#1 Post by Mightymildred »

So... Think we are finally, at last on the home straight.
I have two gaps to close...so have a whopper of a powerchain on uppers and lower steel wire has some interesting kinks in it...
However, for the last four days I've had horrific, unrelenting pain.
I had to admit defeat tonight and had some oramorph.
I've never had to resort to anything like this before. I could simply not function.
Couldn't think straight, sleep etc.
Fortunately the pain has just about gone. So hopefully in the morning all will be ok.

Lorianne

Re: Unrelenting pain.

#2 Post by Lorianne »

Gosh, you poor thing, but sounds like you turned the corner, whew! The worst pain I went thru were the days after I got my last finishing wire, but you sounded even worse.

adult braces

#3 Post by adult braces »

Pop a ton of ibuprofen :)

BraceFace2115

#4 Post by BraceFace2115 »

I've been here and like you I turned to the oramporh at 4am!!

Mightymildred

#5 Post by Mightymildred »

I'm really fickle with pain relief... I can feel my gut rotting with ibuprofen.
Usually paracetamol does the trick and if it's really bad a neurofen plus with some metaclopramide or omeprazole as a gastric protectant. However, nothing touched it.
I had a restful night last night and the pain was 6/10, 8/10 after work this afternoon. So I had a little oramorph and the pain went away again. I've no oramorph left so I'm really hoping tomorrow things have settled down.
I keep telling myself I'm on the homeward straight now.
Not looking forward to having the TAD out though!