Damon price question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

damien10

Damon price question

#1 Post by damien10 »

I have been told that it would cost £2800 for clear top and metal bottom. Now I had previously been quoted £4000 from a diffrent artho. Is the £2800 to good to be tru. How much did you guys pay.

brooks

Re: Damon price question

#2 Post by brooks »

I have Damon's, metal top and bottom, and mine were around 5800$. I think that's about average, but I wouldn't necessarily turn down a good deal if I liked and trusted the ortho!

damien10

#3 Post by damien10 »

[quote="brooks"]I have Damon's, metal top and bottom, and mine were around 5800$. I think that's about average, but I wouldn't necessarily turn down a good deal if I liked and trusted the ortho![/quote]
Yer i was told my previous quote of £4000 was good, so with this one saying £2800 I am unsure. I called up the office and asked is that price was for both archers, she then sed it was, she sed £2800 would be the most i would pay for the Damon braces if it's the best option. she sed about payment options and one of the option are, pay £500 on fitting of the brace and the rest could be pain monthly with no interest (no finance company) now obviously i'm thinking this is a cracking deal. A consultation is £120, i'm just scared of paying for the consultation and then being told it would actually be more then £2800.

Featheryy1221

#4 Post by Featheryy1221 »

I don't think I'd trust an estimate from someone that's not physically looking at my teeth. Usually you have to go in for a consultation and the price depends on how crooked your teeth are/time it'll take/bite issues/area you're in/etc.
It does sound pretty cheap though, to be honest. And is probably just the starting price, I'm guessing.

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

damien10

#5 Post by damien10 »

She did say it was based on 12/18 months of treatment. She sed that the braces wouldn't be any more then £2800 but i guess if you needed extras then of course you would pay extra, she was talking about just the damon braces being £2800, and i say that's brilliant (if true) considering the other artho priced me at £4000 with no extras. I guess i will book a consultation and see how it goes.

Mightymildred

#6 Post by Mightymildred »

Wowzers that's AMAZING!
I'm at the RH clinic in Harrogate and I've paid £4500.
That's for clear upper and metal lower damons.
I have a TAD too.
I'm on month 27 and so cheesed of with length of treatment time.
I don't regret doing it... Go for it!!!!! :tingrin:

DrJasonKTam

#7 Post by DrJasonKTam »

It may seem like pulling hairs, but questions like this are not that useful because you are not buying damon braces. You are paying for an orthodontic treatment with your doctor based upon their experience and skill.

You cannot accurately compare price of two things that are not the same. Your treatment in one office will yield different results than another. It is not the same as buying a TV at one store vs another where the end product is identical. Hope that makes sense!
Dr. Jason Tam
Toronto Invisalign, Scarborough braces, and Markham Orthodontist
Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider
Thrice Published in the Invisalign Case Gallery

http://www.mcosmiles.com

Learn all about Toronto Invisalign at http://www.torontobraces.ca.

Before and After Invisalign Video 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNTVxoTQqR8
Before and After Invisalign Video 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywcwlyL-sg8

igneous

#8 Post by igneous »

My full cost was around $5,600 as well, but they had a "special" going on in February taking down the price to 5,100, it really depends on each case and orthodontist