34 year old with braces. My updates and progress.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lydime

34 year old with braces. My updates and progress.

#1 Post by lydime »

Hi, I already had started a thread here http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=47188 but the title was kind of weird so, I started this new thread. Right not I have had braces for almost 4 months. I have been wearing triangle elastics to close bite for almost one month.

I have spacers in now and will get molar bands next week and wear MORE elastics to widen arch. I wasn't seeing progress a week ago, but I feel like my bite is more closed, plus now my teeth are really straight. The front were a little over lapped before I started. I will most sore more pics this weekend! The last ones were pretty grainy and it is amazing what a week can do.

Oh and my treatment time was 20 months, maybe sooner.

Anna5

Re: 34 year old with braces. My updates and progress.

#2 Post by Anna5 »

Hello Lydime,

I think you have already made great progress!! Your arches are straightened and rounded a lot already, which is beautiful. And after this, your ortho will start working on closing your open bite. That is great that your open bite is already smaler! I am sure your end result will be great!

Loving greetings from Anna

lydime

#3 Post by lydime »

Well, it has been almost a half a year since getting braces. My bite is really closing. I have been wearing triangle elastics to close my open bite since About September. I am still wearing them, but at my last appointment I went to really small elastics. My bottom teeth are pushed more forward. It took a while to straighten all the teeth on top, but now that they are, I finally got a heavier wire to start rounding out the arch more. I like what I am seeing! Here are some pics, old pics are in old thread on signature link.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lydime

#4 Post by lydime »

One more...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lydime

#5 Post by lydime »

So my bite keeps closing impressively fast, my ortho is really pleased with how its going. My upper arch was ready for a super thick heavy wire to start tipping teeth out to relieve crowding. Oh, wow, it hurts, two days and I am still on Advil. Way worse than pain than anything yet. Ortho said sometimes adult teeth are hard to expand ( even though I have room) so he wil be agressive as possible over the next 3 months and then we will see where we are at. Hopefully it moves fast like my open bite. I do some visualisation at night pictuing teeth moving and spreading out. Not sure if it really helps, but hey, it can't hurt? I am still in triangle elastics with no end in sight yet.

lydime

#6 Post by lydime »

Just another update. No new pics because it dosent look much different in there. I have a power chain across all my bottoms. Still in heavy custom bent arch expanding wire. And triangle elastics. My arch molars are tipping very slowly. Ortho said that is expected. Next month, I am getting brackets on 2 nod molars to help arch expand. Somedays, I feel like why did I do this. I mean they are going to look better, but I am already married, have kids, etc. Wish I had done this earlier. Oh well.

Dougsey

#7 Post by Dougsey »

Hi lydime,
I just went back and looked at your pre-brace pics and wow! you've had some great progress!

I share your feelings of "should have done this earlier". I can't wait to be able to look at someone and present an acceptable smile, especially now that I'm divorced, lol!

Doug
Click HERE for my journal

kppixie

#8 Post by kppixie »

Wow your teeth have made amazing progress! and look great!

lydime

#9 Post by lydime »

Thanks both. It sounds silly but hearing that made me feel a lot better. I ask my husband, but he is like "I don't see anything." :/ I guess it's hard day to day to see as much change as pics over time. I wish I was better at pics, even though the arch is not tipped out all the way yet, it is much more u shaped than v shaped. I like that. And of course the open bite is more closed. Braces just are annoying no matter the age, I guess.

I

lydime

#10 Post by lydime »

Actually, I am gonna put up some more pics. I think there is a difference between he last set and now. I know I LOVED pics while debating braces, so hopefully it helps someone.

Anna5

#11 Post by Anna5 »

I think your teeth look beautiful!

30andbraced

#12 Post by 30andbraced »

How is your progress now! I'm looking forward to being able to see progress on my teeth soon! It's really hard and i'm impatient. :)

metalliKa

#13 Post by metalliKa »

Awww...I can't view the pictures but I'm sure your progress is going just great. I will check back once I'm about to view photos.

MrPlenty

#14 Post by MrPlenty »

Amazing difference!

lajlak

#15 Post by lajlak »

For now I am just reading the posts since I can't view the pics yet, but I am glad you are satisfied with the results so far :jump:
Will be back to check your thread :)