De-bond date and box elastics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

msw

De-bond date and box elastics

#1 Post by msw »

March 26 at 8:50 am, these suckers are coming OFF!!!

Only downside is that until then I'll be in posterior BOX ELASTICS (Giant Panda) to bring my back teeth together. Up til now I've had triangle elastics then class ii elastics, and only on the right side. The box configuration is new, and I've got the boxes on both sides... this is also new.

They don't hurt yet, but getting used to the feeling of the elastic in the front of my mouth (from my upper to lower canine, one side one of the box) will be a big adjustment. I can't open my mouth much at all, and I also can't rub my lips together. Also... these elastics make me feel like I have fangs. Boooo!!!

I'm absolutely THRILLED to be so close to the finish line, but these next 6 weeks will be ROUGH!!!

Nozzelnut

Re: De-bond date and box elastics

#2 Post by Nozzelnut »

Congrats on the debrace date!

Your teeth look great! Sorry about the box elastics though.... You're in the home stretch and can see the finish line.
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

cdmoses6

#3 Post by cdmoses6 »

Your teeth look awesome!! At least you won't have to deal with the elastics much longer. And now you can see the light at the end of the tunnell :)

mapleleafman888

#4 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Congrats on the deband date! I am getting mine off March 11th!

Your teeth are looking really good!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

Woobster

#5 Post by Woobster »

Congratulations on the deband date!! Your teeth look great!

Mine come off on March 2nd, and I am in box elastics as well, so I totally feel your pain. I hope the time flies by for all of us! :jump:

msw

#6 Post by msw »

Thanks, y'all! My right jaw is still canted, but I'm hoping that 6 weeks of boxes will help with that also.

msw

#7 Post by msw »

Hey, y'all. I'm trying to wear the box elastics as much as possible, and I'm pleased to report that they've already made a big difference! My canted jaw is less noticeable now and my bite feels more stable overall than it did two weeks ago.

Sometimes I find myself blown away by how much my smile and overall facial esthetic have improved since getting braces. The annoyance and inconvenience of having braces as an adult has been soooo worth it.

Jewels

#8 Post by Jewels »

Your teeth look great!

I'm currently wearing elastics but not in a box setting. It's amazing how quickly the elastics change things!

Good luck!

Ridingboots

#9 Post by Ridingboots »

Your teeth are looking awesome and congrats on your de-brace date makes all the hard work and pain with it

Schedule
Braces Installed 23 Oct 2014
Adjustment - 18 Dec 14, 19 Feb 15, 7 Apr
5 Mar 15 Palate installed
Somewhere in the Future- Double Jaw Surgery