Confess your orthodontic sins.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Usmc20wife05

Re: Confess your orthodontic sins.

#136 Post by Usmc20wife05 »

I don't floss everyday and I have been know to double up on elastic a when my midline wasn't shifting...and it worked! I also don't pay attention to avoiding specific foods. I haven't lost a bracket yet.

Felina Grimm

#137 Post by Felina Grimm »

I drank soda.
I ate sugary cereal.
I ate cookies and cornbread.
Sentence: 24 months, months served: 35 months
Traditional Full-Metal Brackets
Top: 9/9/2014
Bottom: 10/15/2014
Debonded: 8/7/2017

rhibee83

#138 Post by rhibee83 »

I have eaten Doritos, potato chips just about every weekend. I drink wine/champagne most weekends, and I drink coffee everyday WITHOUT A STRAW! OH YEH! haha (i am sorry but it is ridiculous to drink coffee with a straw) :ThumbsDown:

I have stopped brushing after lunch and only brush morning and night, however, I still floss all teeth at night, but only the front four in the morning. My waterpik died on me so I don’t use that anymore.

I also drink hot chocolate so sugary that you get a sugar come down, and do not brush after, just rinse with water!

Hoping my teeth are okay when these things EVENTUALLY come off! :dance: :gavel: :tingrin:

rhibee83

#139 Post by rhibee83 »

Usmc20wife05 wrote:I don't floss everyday and I have been know to double up on elastic a when my midline wasn't shifting...and it worked! I also don't pay attention to avoiding specific foods. I haven't lost a bracket yet.
hrmm my ortho told me that i would have to have surgery to shift my upper midline! doesn't sound right to me.... now you got me thinking!

braceface9

#140 Post by braceface9 »

I also don't floss everyday. Simply because it's just a hell of a job ^^

newbite

#141 Post by newbite »

I've been eating popcorn (but am super careful and don't just chomp through it)-- smart food is the best and has the fewest hard bits in it :)

Weirdly, I'm really good about brushing my teeth and putting my rubber bands in when I eat out (I have no problem brushing my teeth in a public bathroom at this point). However, when I eat at home I put off doing it because I might want to eat more or maybe have tea with honey or something. It is helpful that once I brush and put my bands in I never want to eat anything (or drink anything with sugar) until the next meal. The annoyance of cleaning (and fear of cavities) is a good deterrent against snacking!
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351

Tyrantblade

#142 Post by Tyrantblade »

Some of you seem to break 9/10 or however many orthodontic commandments there are, naturally I love almost anything super sugary, but I gotta lose some weight so im backing down to basically nothing sugary effective January 1st. I plan on being basically the perfect patient once I start treatment (hopefully within a few weeks)

millie23

#143 Post by millie23 »

I drink coffee with sugar.
I eat the occasional chocolate (although I suck, don't bite)
I had a white choc macadamia nut cookie from subway because 1) it was free and 2) they are soooo yummy!

parsleysage

#144 Post by parsleysage »

Been eating cashews and chewing gum for months now! Chewing gum actually helps with my pain after adjustments/when my molars get all stabby from putting in new elastics. As as for the cashews, I'm losing weight and needed a healthy crunchy snack. Forgive me, ortho, for I have sinned! As least they're one of the softer nuts??? Definitely haven't done peanuts or almonds though. I did have pecan pie several times over the holidays! :twisted:

millie23

#145 Post by millie23 »

[quote="parsleysage"]Been eating cashews and chewing gum for months now! Chewing gum actually helps with my pain after adjustments/when my molars get all stabby from putting in new elastics. As as for the cashews, I'm losing weight and needed a healthy crunchy snack. Forgive me, ortho, for I have sinned! As least they're one of the softer nuts??? Definitely haven't done peanuts or almonds though. I did have pecan pie several times over the holidays! :twisted:[/quote]

I have been craving cashews since having my braces put on! You are tempting me to go and buy myself a nice big packet. YUM!

xkiwitatty

#146 Post by xkiwitatty »

I have Invisalign so...
I don't wear my aligners 22 hrs a day
I drink tea still
I drink soda too
I don't brush/floss after everytime I eat

lorsa

#147 Post by lorsa »

I don't floss with string floss. I only waterpik.

Dentist and Ortho both think I'm doing an amazing job with my flossing and say to "keep it up!". :)

Toxgirl

#148 Post by Toxgirl »

I eat popcorn EVERY day. Sometimes twice a day!!! and I drink soda all the time. :twisted:

snowblaze

#149 Post by snowblaze »

oldfart wrote:If I am talking to you, face to face, and you have braces. I am checking them out, vs looking at you eye to eye.

Heck I now find myself checking out everyones teeth as I am talking to them, and mentally coming up with a orthodontic plan for them if I think they need them.
No freakin' way, I noticed I was doing the same thing with my customers at work. One time I was like thinking about how great their smile would be if only his teeth were straight. Then I was like "stfu, you are not an orthodontist". LOL the human brain sometimes.

I sinned again, orthodontic god : I ate a box of very hard chocolate nibbles yesterday. At every bite I was afraid I would break off a bracket but they were so god dang delicious !

Amanda88

#150 Post by Amanda88 »

I'm being good so far since I'm barely two weeks into treatment, but these are hilarious to read!! :)