How long were you in your finishing wire?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lorianne

How long were you in your finishing wire?

#1 Post by Lorianne »

I just got my final finishing wire today! I can't believe I'm almost done! I've had braces for 14 mos now. Original sentence was 16-20, so I am right on track. I have no idea how long this last one will take but he is really just making some tweaks and trying to get some more width on bottom arch and also move midline a little. I go back in 6 weeks but sort of doubt he'll take them off at that appt especially since he made no mention of any debanding yet. How long did any of you wear your last wire? Just trying to get an average time.

Ambrosia80

Re: How long were you in your finishing wire?

#2 Post by Ambrosia80 »

I've been in my final top one for 10 months, bottom one for 12.
Damon braces- ceramic uppers, metal lowers

sentence: 15-18 months (Sept.-Dec. 2014)

MrsCharisma

#3 Post by MrsCharisma »

Like Ambrosia, a LONG time :) it did not signal "the end" at all. Hopefully you're done SOON!

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

mapleleafman888

#4 Post by mapleleafman888 »

I've had my finishing wire since May 2014, so 7 months, and I am still about 3-4 months away from being finished with braces...probably 10-11 months total with this wire.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

sirwired

#5 Post by sirwired »

You are just going to have to ask your ortho... it can be anywhere from a couple months to a couple years. (Lots of fascinating things can be done with springs, elastics, and powerchains.)

Lorianne

#6 Post by Lorianne »

OMG, talk about bursting my bubble! lol! ok, next visit I'll definitely ask for an estimated time from my doc.

Roses

#7 Post by Roses »

I have only got my finishing wire for about 2 months total! It isn't that much thicker at all than my last one which I had for about 7 months? Hope this makes you feel better aha!