How long did you have your build ups or bite turbos?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Wheeles498

How long did you have your build ups or bite turbos?

#1 Post by Wheeles498 »

I've had a bite turbo on my front tooth for 9 months. My Ortho had originally said 6 months. I go tomorrow for my 4 th adjustment and not looking like it's going to come off. Just curious as to how long others had theirs. I'm beginning to feel as if it might be there my entire time in braces.

Nozzelnut

Re: How long did you have your build ups or bite turbos?

#2 Post by Nozzelnut »

I've had buildups on my upper premolars since I got my bottom braces on. My ortho put some bends in my upper wire last visit to open my bite; still waiting for the wire to move my upper front teeth...

A part of me wouldn't mind turbos so I stop putting grooves in my one of my upper incisors...

No end in sight for me.
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

mapleleafman888

#3 Post by mapleleafman888 »

I got my molar buildups on day 1, had them for 3 months. The ortho switched to bite turbos in the 3rd month and I had those for about 6 months...so 9 months in total and I sure don't miss either of them!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

beckyboo0205

#4 Post by beckyboo0205 »

I had mine on my front teeth for 7 months I think. But he never gave me a time limit or anything. BTW, it sucked when he took them off too! I thought he was going to break a tooth.

HeyKay1991

#5 Post by HeyKay1991 »

I've had build ups for the full 8 months I've had my braces on. I had to have two replaced because they fell off, two additional added, one taken off, and then one shaved down a lot because it was causing me to put too much pressure on a tooth.

Lorianne

#6 Post by Lorianne »

I've had molar build ups for the entire time since Day 1, 15 mos ago. I no longer feel them there though.

daveq

#7 Post by daveq »

My ortho said I would need the turbos for 3-4 months. I hated them for the first few weeks and wanted them off as soon as possible. However, now I'm so used to them that I won't really mind if I have to keep them on longer.

PerthGirl26

#8 Post by PerthGirl26 »

I had build ups placed on my molars when I first had the braces fitted 2 months ago. I ground them down in my sleep to almost nothing! Yesterday I had my first appointment to replace the wires and I thought they would replace the molar build ups but they didn't. I thought I'd be super happy but I kinda miss them.
Damon Braces - clear on upper, metal on lower
Sentence - 24 to 30 months
Class II Bimaxillary Protrusion

kppixie

#9 Post by kppixie »

I've had mine for the whole time (four months at present) wore mind down with clenching my teeth at night, so had them built up this week. Was a nightmare without them as I kept banging my (sensitive) teeth together, although they get in the way of eating (I still cant chew food) they are a godsend! (never thought I would say that!)