Braces in next 2-3 weeks. Super anxious/nervous.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

msbraceface

Re: Braces in next 2-3 weeks. Super anxious/nervous.

#16 Post by msbraceface »

My appointments changed. I have a cleaning today and braces tomorrow! :shock: So nervous and excited and can't believe I am finally making this plunge!!! I was kind of hoping to get it all done on a weekday so I am not staring at myself in the mirror all weekend but what can I do?! :paperbag:
MSBraceFace
Traditional Ceramic Top Metal Bottoms on October 18, 2014.
Estimated time 20 months.

msbraceface

#17 Post by msbraceface »

I am now officially a BRACE FACE!! I got them done Saturday and it was so much better than I expected. Very positive experience. The whole application process was totally fine, took about an hour. The retractor thing to hold the mouth open had a place for the tongue to rest in so I wasn't moving it all over the place. The ortho office was freezing (thankfully) because I thought I would be sweating the whole time. The assistant did ALL the work and the ortho just moved the brackets where he thought was best which took 2 seconds. The assistant was preggers so her belly kept touching my head hahah! Funny. I am very happy with my ceramic top and metal bottom decision. I did take Aleve just as a precaution but really have not had any pain at all. Front teeth are sore but only if touched or when eating. I have a cement occlusal in the back so the teeth don't touch the brackets and I really think that helped with the soreness since the teeth aren't really sitting on each other at all.

Thanks to everyone for their reassurance and advice! Looking forward to seeing some progress now! :tingrin:
MSBraceFace

Anna5

#18 Post by Anna5 »

Congratulations with having braces now!!! I am very happy that it all went so well!
The anticipation is much worse then getting them actually on.
I think it is very brave of you that you got braces despite your anxiety. I cancelled my first appointment where I was supposed to get braces, so anxious I was! (I got them on some weeks later and haven't regretted it one second).
I wish you very good luck with your treatment!

legend221

#19 Post by legend221 »

Awesome, one step closer to having a perfect smile.

Got my spacers put in on the 13th and the Quad Helix and brackets on the 20th. Braces to be put in on December 1st . It's going to be a long ride but we'll all get there. Like many people have said wish I would have done them sooner. Lol.

Bracesat57

#20 Post by Bracesat57 »

Good luck. I got clear braces on top 2 weeks ago. The bottom go on in two more weeks.
My teeth shifted so much in my 50's. After much research I finally decided that braces were the only way to go. I love my clear braces. Most people do not even notice them.

mellyd107

#21 Post by mellyd107 »

Good luck to you!! I am in the same boat with the canine situation and am soo afraid of the braces ordeal, ahh! Need baby tooth extracted and have my canine put into place. I will be making my first ortho appointment soon. I hope you have a smooth journey!!

msbraceface

#22 Post by msbraceface »

Top 3 photos are from just before getting braces on in October 2014.
Middle 3 photos are 3 months in- January 2015.
Bottom 3 photos are 6 months in- April 2015.

Hey Everybody- sorry this posting kind of died. I finally uploaded some photos of my progress!I am so please with how much progress I am seeing and I really have a feeling this '20 months' might be less than expected. I haven't even gotten a bracket on that canine tooth yet and look how far it's come forward! They put a button on it with a power-chain for the last 4 months or so. If you are hesitant about braces just GO FOR IT! It's going to be totally worth it. I have not changed my eating at all, I still eat everything on the 'do not eat list'...just be careful! I smoke and drink coffee often and as long as you brush well in-between I don't feel the staining is significant enough in the 6 weeks between appointments to get them changed more often.

In 6 months -these were all of my appointments..

oct 6 baby tooth extraction tooth #c
oct 14 follow up1030 am- contract, molds, xrays, questions, deposit
oct 17 dental exam and full cleaning day before braces on

oct 18 2014 top and bottom braces on!
nov 11 change ligs, coil, wire ties, back powerchains
dec 9 CHANGE BANDS ONLY CLEAR PINK
jan 6 2015 ADJUSTMENT WIRE ON BACK BOTTOM MOLAR-SILVERALL
feb 17 button on tooth pearl white turquoise
mar 20 cut wire - poking
mar 31 adjustment pearl white and pink
apr 14 'emergency' change bottom wire to thicker wire-shifted right too far- white silver
april 28 'emergency' top wire SNAPPED! new thicker 16 wire
jun 9 next adjustment
MSBraceFace