Dude Braces @ 25 --- MapleLeafMan888 My Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mapleleafman888

Re: Dude Braces @ 25 --- MapleLeafMan888 My Story

#151 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Anna5 wrote:Beautiful teeth, congratulations with your brace anniversary!
Thanks Anna!
cdnbracegirl wrote:Happy anniversary! Hope there won't be a second one to celebrate. Mine is coming up next week. We're almost at the finish line!
Thanks! Oh no there will not be a second one to celebrate! I'll take these braces off my self if it comes to 2 years hahaha!
nicolie825 wrote:Your teeth are looking very nice!
Thanks!
TrustGodAuburn wrote:Your smile looks awesome! Lucky you!
Thanks a lot!
TheProfessor wrote:Happy Anniversary!!! Your teeth are looking great!
Thanks to you too!

Hope you all are doing great, I'm going for my next appointment on Sept 18th. Hope to hear some more good news and get moved further along to completion. The finish line close!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

mapleleafman888

#152 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Had my one billionth adjustment today, got worked on by 4 different people and got a new navy power chain, two new hooks to make it a grand total of 18 in my mouth now (28 teeth in here, only 10 more hooks for a full count).

I'm wearing doubled M elastics to try and bring the right side uppers down as there is a few mm of distance to cover, 2 hours in and it is super painful. Good thing I have less than five months left, I couldn't stand to wear these elastics like this for too long. Can barely open my mouth to talk.

Ortho says everything is going great, one assistant said it's nice to work on a patient who keeps their mouth clean hahaha, she said I get 5/5 to which I replied 'I'm an over achiever and usually get a 6/5.

As always, hope all you people out in braceface land are doing great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TrustGodAuburn

#153 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Oh my on the elastics.... I can't imagine...

5 months!!?!?!?

So jealous!

cdnbracegirl

#154 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Holy eff, that looks painful! Do you bother to eat at all with that configuration? Fingers crossed those uppers come down soon!

mapleleafman888

#155 Post by mapleleafman888 »

cdnbracegirl wrote:Holy eff, that looks painful! Do you bother to eat at all with that configuration? Fingers crossed those uppers come down soon!
Yeah it's painful in a weird way, not like the first day with braces. Feels like my teeth are being ripped out extraction style. Nope definitely can't eat with them in, can't open far enough without grimacing.
TrustGodAuburn wrote:Oh my on the elastics.... I can't imagine...

5 months!!?!?!?

So jealous!
Yup, ouchie mamma. I'm a big baby right now and I'm not even going to try to hide it. But yes, I'm on the home stretch!

mapleleafman888

#156 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Eff this configuration. I'm not wearing this any more. Ortho is going to have to bend the wire or something, all that's happening is the lowers are getting pulled up and now it looks like I have a a lower cant now to go along with my upper cant. So tired of this.

mapleleafman888

#157 Post by mapleleafman888 »

I emailed the ortho a few days after my adjustment and said there was no way I was wearing that crazy elastic configuration. He said to go from doubled /\ /\shape to /_\ . Meaning triangle instead of 'm'...it reduced the intensity of the pull, however I'm still having a hard time wearing them because I guess subconsciously I feel this configuration is making my teeth/cant worse.

Argh. Just ranting! :? :|

TMJJill

#158 Post by TMJJill »

I feel for you on the elastic configuration. I wore the doubled-up configuration like that for almost a year. Only, mine was in a VV or W instead of the M. The elastics were fairly heavy and there was a ton of pressure or 'pull' with this one. I was actually trying to erupt some lower molars. I guess it depends on the purpose of the configuration. My favorite time in the braces for those elastics was when I had a cast on one hand and I had to put those elastics on with my non-dominate hand. Lots of snapping on the inside of my mouth before having to put up with he pressure.

If you're really concerned as you see your teeth move, maybe you can get an earlier consult with your Ortho. I had to do that once. I had a 'supertooth' as the dentist labeled it. It moved quicker and further than my other teeth had. Literally, moving in a couple days what it usually took a couple months to move. They got me in right away and changed things up for me.

Your teeth are looking good though. Is your bite coming into place like you want it to?

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

mapleleafman888

#159 Post by mapleleafman888 »

TMJJill wrote:I feel for you on the elastic configuration. I wore the doubled-up configuration like that for almost a year. Only, mine was in a VV or W instead of the M. The elastics were fairly heavy and there was a ton of pressure or 'pull' with this one. I was actually trying to erupt some lower molars. I guess it depends on the purpose of the configuration. My favorite time in the braces for those elastics was when I had a cast on one hand and I had to put those elastics on with my non-dominate hand. Lots of snapping on the inside of my mouth before having to put up with he pressure.

If you're really concerned as you see your teeth move, maybe you can get an earlier consult with your Ortho. I had to do that once. I had a 'supertooth' as the dentist labeled it. It moved quicker and further than my other teeth had. Literally, moving in a couple days what it usually took a couple months to move. They got me in right away and changed things up for me.

Your teeth are looking good though. Is your bite coming into place like you want it to?
Thanks, yeah they are trying to erupt the upper right bicuspids and canine with me.

The first few times trying to put the elastics in I got snapped a lot lol, can only imagine trying to do that with a cast, (how did you break your arm/wrist?).

I emailed the office and they said I could book an appointment at anytime, I have 19 days until my next one so I figure maybe I'll just wait it out---seen them so much lately and can't stand to go anymore!

The bite has got a lot better over the last year, but in the last 3 or so months nothing much has happened as one maybe can expect when they come near to the end of treatment. My bite still feels really off though and every time I mention it to the ortho he says the same thing and nothing changes ("oh yeah we'll get that next time"), only the fronts touch, and the back teeth feel like they are warped outwards and upwards.

Thanks for the reply! Hopefully all these loose ends that are really bugging me get cleared up soon. Feel like such a whiner lately as the frustration builds. #firstworldproblems :x

Roses

#160 Post by Roses »

I'm in the home stretch too now and I understand your frustration with trying to get the ortho to make note of your concerns and do something about it! Not long left though! At least we have that aha ^^

mapleleafman888

#161 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Roses wrote:I'm in the home stretch too now and I understand your frustration with trying to get the ortho to make note of your concerns and do something about it! Not long left though! At least we have that aha ^^
Thanks and that's awesome you're almost done too, you must have been braced about a month before me! Yeah supposedly there's not much time left. The one year mark was the cracking point though, can't wait to be done now! Next appointment is in 7 days, hopefully the ortho realizes that there isn't an unlimited amount of times to say 'maybe next appointment' lol.

oldfart

#162 Post by oldfart »

I'm actually jealous. I wish I could do more pressure to close my posterior open bite. But my ortho wants to go slow with the pressure and movement.

of
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

mapleleafman888

#163 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Had my adjustment this morning, blah blah blah. Assistant takes old power chain off, puts new one on, ortho comes by, takes new power chain off, spends 15 minutes humming and hawing after he asks how my bite feels. I said it feels way off, so he then spends another 15 minutes putting bends in the wire. Says I'm almost done. My bite feels worse already, like my jaw is warped somehow...I can bite together tight and balanced in the front, but none of my back teeth touch and to make them touch I have to roll my jaw one side at a time...like my jaw is a boat rolling on the open sea.

At what point does a person switch offices? I'm so sick and tired of this.
Last edited by mapleleafman888 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

altesse7

#164 Post by altesse7 »

Hang in there, you're almost done. You don't want to pay another few grand, if you go to another office????
May 6,2013- Traditional Braces applied
To upper and lower
Length of treatment- 18-24 months
No more Elastics, as of 10/20/14
Horse Lover

mapleleafman888

#165 Post by mapleleafman888 »

altesse7 wrote:Hang in there, you're almost done. You don't want to pay another few grand, if you go to another office????
Thanks altesse. No that wouldn't be ideal.