Braces 10mm Overjet

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ron1697

Braces 10mm Overjet

#1 Post by ron1697 »

Hey everyone. I'm new to the site. I have a 10mm overjet. I am getting full braces in 3 weeks. I just wanna know how long it would take for protruding to align with the rest of my teeth. I'm so excited about getting braces!

ron1697

Re: Braces 10mm Overjet

#2 Post by ron1697 »

Hope someone replys

anarchy45

#3 Post by anarchy45 »

I had 3 or 4 teeth that really poked out that were a lot less noticeable after 2-3 months

sirwired

#4 Post by sirwired »

Depends on your exact treatment plan. Different plans do things in different orders; you'll need to ask your ortho.

ron1697

#5 Post by ron1697 »

Thanks guys for responding! I have 4 teeth that protrude out. Hopefully it can align with the rest of my teeth in 2-3 months.

Mightymildred

#6 Post by Mightymildred »

Hi,
Dont want to rain on your parade... but its not just as simple as yanking back protruding teeth. You have to take into account lots of other factors- such as crowding and alterations to bite when changing how teeth sit.
Please speak with your ortho and ask them what the plan is:
1.) how long treatment is expected to last?
2.) what are all the treatment goals? You may just be focusing on overjet but your ortho will look at the whole picture.
3.) possible complications and how this may affect type of treatment and treatment length.
Good luck and keep us posted!
MM

ron1697

#7 Post by ron1697 »

Mightymildred wrote:Hi,
Dont want to rain on your parade... but its not just as simple as yanking back protruding teeth. You have to take into account lots of other factors- such as crowding and alterations to bite when changing how teeth sit.
Please speak with your ortho and ask them what the plan is:
1.) how long treatment is expected to last?
2.) what are all the treatment goals? You may just be focusing on overjet but your ortho will look at the whole picture.
3.) possible complications and how this may affect type of treatment and treatment length.
Good luck and keep us posted!
MM
Thanks! I'll most definitely speak to my orthodontist.

Mightymildred

#8 Post by Mightymildred »

Weirdly- if you are anything like me it will be an incredibly wonderful, strange, exciting journey. I'm 19 months into my sentence and its very up and down... but stick around on here- there is so much support from lots of lovely knowledgeable folks.

ron1697

#9 Post by ron1697 »

Mightymildred wrote:Weirdly- if you are anything like me it will be an incredibly wonderful, strange, exciting journey. I'm 19 months into my sentence and its very up and down... but stick around on here- there is so much support from lots of lovely knowledgeable folks.
Will do!

SunshineRay

#10 Post by SunshineRay »

I had a overjet that big and have progress pics in my story. I dont remember exactly but I think it was only 6-8 weeks by the time mine came almost all the way back.

oimysizex

#11 Post by oimysizex »

Don't expect lots of movement too soon. I did, as I saw lots of people getting movement as little as a week. However it took a good 9 months for me to see NOTICEABLE difference.

I was upset when i didn't get fast results so, if you dont see that much movement right away dont be disheartened. I agree you should stick around on here, everyone is very helpful and supportive.

good luck

Been in braces foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr!!