After braces comment....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

klobird

After braces comment....

#1 Post by klobird »

It has been a long time since I last blogged. For those of you who asked, my retainers are good now and I wear them only at night which seems to work just fine.

I just wanted to update and encourage all of those who are in the braces process--just starting, in the middle, toward the end....

HANG IN THERE! IT WILL BE THE BEST LIFE INVESTMENT YOU EVER MADE!

That's all I have to say!!

dantocanada

Re: After braces comment....

#2 Post by dantocanada »

Thank you. That's helpful because I'm on day 2 and having serious doubts about what I was thinking. What a PITA these things are. But you're right, it will all be worth it. Or at least that is what I keep telling myself.

klobird

#3 Post by klobird »

They are a pain in the ass...but you will get used to them...you still may not like them but it gets better...After a while you will be able to take care of them like its old hat. It will probably always be a countdown but you WILL get there!

pjade1

#4 Post by pjade1 »

I am loving your journal. I keep reading and reading it and I am almost half way through it now. I love your sense of humor through it all. I am also in my 50s and getting braces tomorrow so this is very encouraging and I am also from Washington state! I will probably finish reading your journal tomorrow as I sit here and drool all over myself, lol.
07/14/14 - 4 spacers put in
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/11/14 - 2 spacers put in between the bottom back molars
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too
10/14/14 - new square wire change and thick elastics
04/24/17 - braces removed!!! :BigGrin:

SunshineRay

#5 Post by SunshineRay »

I will just say ditto! It was one of the best decisions Ive ever made, even though I hated the braces the whole time.