Spacers today & braced in 11 more days

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pjade1

Spacers today & braced in 11 more days

#1 Post by pjade1 »

Well, I am finally getting my spacers in today and braces in 11 days. I am not sure how many spacers they will put in but I am not looking forward to this part. I hear it's the worst part of the process. I hope so. Hopefully, they won't cause me too much pain. I will be looking for some soft foods to eat now. It's hard when you are doing a low carb diet. I can have yogurt though. I will let you all know how it goes later. I am sure it won't be pleasant. I hope my pain tolerance is high for this one.
07/14/14 - 4 spacers put in
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/11/14 - 2 spacers put in between the bottom back molars
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too
10/14/14 - new square wire change and thick elastics
04/24/17 - braces removed!!! :BigGrin:

AlexO890

Re: Spacers today & braced in 11 more days

#2 Post by AlexO890 »

I hope getting spacers goes as pain-free as possible for you. Good luck.

pjade1

#3 Post by pjade1 »

I ended up getting 8 spacers put in 4 on the upper and 4 on the lower. So far, no real pain. It just feels like something hard stuck between my teeth and some pressure. I am sure it might feel different tomorrow morning though but so far, it's not bad at all. I did go buy some yogurt on the way home just in case.
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too

SpottedPickle

#4 Post by SpottedPickle »

I really hope they are as kind to you as they can be!

pjade1

#5 Post by pjade1 »

I am still doing good but they spacers are annoying. I want to pick them out like I have food stuck between my teeth. Hopefully, it won't hurt when I get the molar bands back there.

AlexO890

#6 Post by AlexO890 »

Pjade, how are your spacers? I got mine in today.

pjade1

#7 Post by pjade1 »

AlexO890 wrote:Pjade, how are your spacers? I got mine in today.
They are still very annoying. It still feels like I should take some floss to remove them. I was never in any real pain from them but they do cause me to be a bit more sensitive to harder foods. I can eat hard foods but I feel the hard food pressing on the spacers. I can tell that my teeth have moved and have a bigger space in them because the spacer are starting to move around some. They won't fall out but they wouldn't budge before. Oh well, 4 more days and they won't be there any more. I hope the molar bands won't hurt either. I do find myself using the waterpik more to make sure I got any food out from those areas. I have never used a waterpik before deciding to get braces. I was surprised at how well they do work.

I hope you do good with your spacers Alex.

nuna

#8 Post by nuna »

pjadde1 only two more days with the spacers for you and then braces!:)

pjade1

#9 Post by pjade1 »

Yes, two more days in the annoying spacers and then braced. I am actually anxious now. I never thought I would have said that as I have always said no to braces.

nuna

#10 Post by nuna »

Pjade1 I am anxious too. I hope the excitement will settle down soon as my friend and boyfriend are sick of hearing me talking about the braces! Cant stop thinking about finally getting them on! How s the waterpik? Which one you got? I couldn't order one as got no sockets in the bathroom so end up ordering a SPAMTRONIC SPAMSONIC SPAMONAIDE SPAMSTER SPAM SPAMINATOR cordless one. I hope it will be powerful enough. I am off to my appointment in half an hour :) Had a lovey bagel for breakfast and I ve got a soup for lunch and dinner in case my mouth feel fragile. Oh, and last night I wrote a list of questions to ask at the dentist office. Hope they wont think I am mad :crazy:

pjade1

#11 Post by pjade1 »

Nuna, braces today, right? The wait is over for you. I am getting mine in the morning tomorrow.

I got a Waterpik Ultra WP100 for home and a battery operated P_A_N_Asonic EW-DJ10-A. I like the Waterpik a lot and but didn't get the Waterpik brand for the cordless one because I wanted removable batteries. I like the one I got though but I have a feeling I will be adding water to it to get all the food out after I get braces.

nuna

#12 Post by nuna »

Braces are on. First two hours were ok now I am annoyed and uncomfortable. I hope this will pass quickly. Feels like my mouth are very dry and I keep drinking water all the time.

I got the same brand as you got cordless one but different model. It should come on Saturday. I cant wait:)

Are you having anything nice for dinner tonight? I went for a curry last night knowing I wont have any for 6 weeks as it stains badly.

pjade1

#13 Post by pjade1 »

I hear the thirst thing happens a lot when you have braces from what I've read here.

I don't know what I will have for dinner tonight since I have to eat something quick and then run to take the dogs to their agility training classes. I did eat some mixed nuts today though and other crunchy chips. I might pick something up on the way home to eat for dinner really quick and I will eat a good breakfast in the morning so I won't be hungry while they are bracing me. I haven't at curry in a long time. Not that I don't like it, I just don't think about it.