New elastic configuration relapsing bite

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chicken

New elastic configuration relapsing bite

#1 Post by Chicken »

When I went to the orthodontist yesterday they changed my elastic configuration from class 2 elastics to triangles that I am to wear 24/7. After wearing them for 24 hours my overbite is back where it started. I called the orthodontist office today to let them know and ask if I need to add the class 2 elastics as well. They were supposed to get back to me but they didn't. I have also noticed that when my anterior bite is in the correct position my molars do not meet. They only touch when my bite is in the over bite position. I have decided to add the class 2 as well as the anterior triangles, and call them again Monday. I do not want to undo all the work that I have done. I am supposed to be debanded 6th august. All advice welcome. Especially as it is Friday night.

Bikerchick85

Re: New elastic configuration relapsing bite

#2 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Where are you wearing the triangles now?
I was prescribed a class 2 triangle configuration from upper canine down to lower canine all the way back to last molar on both sides.. I would probably start doing that... Just my opinion of course!
I attached a pic of my configuration.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*

Bikerchick85

#3 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Nevermind.. I just looked at your newest picture! Your teeth look awesome! Congrats on your deband date too, btw.
I would def try the class 2 triangles :)

Chicken

#4 Post by Chicken »

Thank you biker chick. I called the emergency line after I posted this. The tech said she will talk to ortho tomorrow and in the meantime to use the class two at night and the triangles during the day. She will call me back tomorrow to verify what he wants me to do. I know its not an emergency but figured that I have paid them enough and they didnt call back when they said they would. The girl was very apologetic that no one called me.

Chicken

#5 Post by Chicken »

Bikerchick85 wrote:Where are you wearing the triangles now?
I was prescribed premiers 2 triangle configuration from upper canine down to lower canine all the way back to last molar on both sides.. I would probably start doing that... Just my opinion of course!
I attached a pic of my configuration.
Does the class 2 triangle help close up the molars?. I have been using the bottom premolar to canines. If so I should use that one until I talk to them tomorrow.

Bikerchick85

#6 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Yes, I am wearing the class 2 triangles to close my molar and premolar areas on both sides. I will tell you though that I am getting debanded July 2nd and my Ortho reassured me that my bite will settle a lot after braces are removed. I've read that numerous times in studies posted online as well. We were just going to use the class 2 triangles up until deband to try to get it closed as much as possible before they come off. They rest, she said, will happen during the settling phase. That may give you some reassurance too! :)

Chicken

#7 Post by Chicken »

Bikerchick85 wrote:Yes, I am wearing the class 2 triangles to close my molar and premolar areas on both sides. I will tell you though that I am getting debanded July 2nd and my Ortho reassured me that my bite will settle a lot after braces are removed. I've read that numerous times in studies posted online as well. We were just going to use the class 2 triangles up until deband to try to get it closed as much as possible before they come off. They rest, she said, will happen during the settling phase. That may give you some reassurance too! :)
CONGRATS to you. I am looking forward to seeing your new smile. You have definitely reassured me. I am going to use your configuration at night until I hear from them and the seating triangles during the day. Thanks for your help.

Bikerchick85

#8 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Thank you :) I'm looking forward to seeing my new smile too! Hehe

You're very welcome for the reassurance! I think it's funny how we take it upon ourselves to wear our elastics as we please! Lol! Good luck with your progress! I'm excited to see your finished result! I hope those class 2 triangles didn't hurt too much. They killed me when I first started wearing them but my elastics at the time were tiny!! Now they just have me in light elastics.

Chicken

#9 Post by Chicken »

Until the day before yesterday I was wearing the other class 2 configuration. The one from the bottom molar to the top canine. This triangle one isnt much different. I did notice that my molars were beginning to meet this morning. The orthodontist assistant called back with the orthodontist blessing to wear the anterior triangles during the day and the class 2 s at night. I forgot too mention the triangle version. Oh well they make sense to me. Thanks again Bikerchick :D