My first progress pic!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

parsleysage

My first progress pic!

#1 Post by parsleysage »

It sent me to the dentist howling with pain, thinking I'd fractured my tooth, but hey, progress is progress! lol.
rsz_1rsz_kqtnsxb.jpg
Excruciatingly painful upon cold or pressure. X-rays and physical exam said nothing wrong with it or the root, but my dentist said she could manually move it in and out between its original position and where it is now. She said it might have moved too fast. Taking ibuprofen for the pain and if it doesn't get better in a week I'll go into the ortho to see if we can figure it out.

I guess it's kinda like the phrase "Beauty is pain." Except for braces it's "progress is pain."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chicken

Re: My first progress pic!

#2 Post by Chicken »

I see movement. That is great. You are well on your way to your dream smile. :D

SpottedPickle

#3 Post by SpottedPickle »

Sorry you are having pain but WOOT MOVEMENT! :dance:

Featheryy1221

#4 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Wow... that was fast! :shock: It looks like your front teeth have moved a lot too. :)
Looking good so far, though I am sorry you're dealing with pain. Hopefully it gets better for you!

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

Matilda

#5 Post by Matilda »

Nice! Very encouraging, right? :wink:

parsleysage

#6 Post by parsleysage »

Matilda wrote:Nice! Very encouraging, right? :wink:
Ha! It's encouraging now that the pain has mostly died down. During the day or two when just adjusting my tongue in my mouth shot fire into that tooth, I was thinking it wasn't worth it! lol :lol:

Braces, man. Sometimes I think we're crazy to go through all this.

coreym95

#7 Post by coreym95 »

What was the time difference between those two photos?

Lately this seems to happen after my most recent adjustments. One tooth either becomes really really sensitive to cold, or super sensitive to touch/pressure. The past 2 have gone away after a week or so. Waiting for my current one to get better :)

Ciara

#8 Post by Ciara »

Sorry you have so much pain but hey, MOVEMENT!!!!!! Congratulations!