Sunshiney Saga

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ksjbmw90

Re: Sunshiney Saga

#211 Post by ksjbmw90 »

sounds like you will be glad to be done! hope it happens for you soon!

Roses

#212 Post by Roses »

Ahh so close to the finish line! I'm so jealous! Can't wait to see some pictures :D

Jewels

#213 Post by Jewels »

Hi Sunshiney

I just read through your story -- I can relate to the feeling of hating your teeth.

I was also told 12 to 18 months (well, that's what I heard.... I think he said one to two years but I'm ignoring that). From reading your story from start to today the time seems to have gone fast -- you're almost at the end! I hope it does that way for me as well :)

Good luck! Try to post some before and after shots!

SunshineRay

#214 Post by SunshineRay »

It really has went fast and again, I am soooo glad that I did it. A year of being 'embarrassed' by my braces is better then a lifetime of hating my teeth. I already notice that I take more pics, smile and laugh more.

Soooo. I tried to use all of my troubles of swallowing/breaking stuff to my advantage and it didnt work. lol Its actually really silly but it seemed like a good idea. I called yesterday and told the ortho office that I didnt have a powerchain on my back tooth so could I come in to get one. Kinda deceptive because there never was one put on at the last visit but I thought it was worth a try. It just really bugs me that the last gap closed hours after my appt and now I have to wait a whole month to go in for the other side to be powerchained then wait another month. Again, it has a very small gap. I know, I know, be patient. So I go in and the ortho is on vacation, they arent seeing patients today, and she realized one wasnt placed there last time on purpose. lol Then I felt really stupid for trying to be slick. I apologized for wasting the assistants time and she said she had to be there anyway and she would powerchain it but cant without the orthos permission.

I am going to try to figure out how to post pics of me smiling in pics now.

SunshineRay

#215 Post by SunshineRay »

I snapped this while at work so its not the best.
My smile isnt crooked, the pic is. lol
My front teeth are the same height....they look different here but its the angle. I do wish they would meet at the bottom but they arent made that way I guess.
Bottom teeth arent braced because I only need an implant and they are straight.

Here is what I started with:

Hash

#216 Post by Hash »

Wow, teeth look great, you must be delighted with results and you nearly there :dance:

Featheryy1221

#217 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Your teeth look amazing! :) You can tell theres a huge difference!
I'm sorry you have to wait a couple more months to get your braces off. :/ You're almost there though! Hopefully time will fly by for you.

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

SunshineRay

#218 Post by SunshineRay »

Thanks guys, I am very happy!

Dee17

#219 Post by Dee17 »

I agree that your teeth look amazing! You will look tremendous when you get them off! Even if it takes two more months, it will be worth it.
I'm officially in "count down mode" -- I figure another six or seven months to go and I can't WAIT!!! I will be SO happy to get these things out of my mouth. Went to see a movie tonight and was sitting there again feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't have movie popcorn. Not too much longer. I'm going to go see a movie the same night I get my braces off just so I can buy a big bag of popcorn!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

Anna5

#220 Post by Anna5 »

Your teeth look beautiful, Sunshineray!!! Compared to where you started, your arch has rounded so much and also become a bit wider, which is really beautiful.
I wish you very good luck with the last months of your treatment!

SunshineRay

#221 Post by SunshineRay »

Today was my appt and he asked me was I happy and I said yeah. They were 3 people short due to vacation, one retired and another had a death in the family so I may have had them off today otherwise. Their next appt was July 8 at 9:30am. DEBAND DATE! The appt will take about an hour to hour half and I will be fitted and sent home with my Essix (?) clear retainer. I am pretty excited!!

Dee17

#222 Post by Dee17 »

Yes, that's VERY exciting! We will all look forward to your new photo!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

Bikerchick85

#223 Post by Bikerchick85 »

SunshineRay wrote:Today was my appt and he asked me was I happy and I said yeah. They were 3 people short due to vacation, one retired and another had a death in the family so I may have had them off today otherwise. Their next appt was July 8 at 9:30am. DEBAND DATE! The appt will take about an hour to hour half and I will be fitted and sent home with my Essix (?) clear retainer. I am pretty excited!!
YAY! I am so excited for you!! I bet you will be soo happy!!

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*

Anna5

#224 Post by Anna5 »

WOW, you have a deband date!!! I am so happy for you!!!!
I wish you very good luck during your last week in braces. I cannot wait to see your end result!

SpottedPickle

#225 Post by SpottedPickle »

Congratulations on your Debanding date!!