Last day before braces... YAY! Did you do anything special?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

parsleysage

Last day before braces... YAY! Did you do anything special?

#1 Post by parsleysage »

I am finally getting braced tomorrow. I am so excited I can't stand it, lol. :dance: I am trying to relax and listen to my audiobook but my mind keeps going to the appointment tomorrow.

Right now I am eating pizza and trying to appreciate the feeling of biting into something with my front teeth since that will be difficult for awhile. Tonight I will enjoy one final brace-free flossing, maybe I'll make it a nice long session :-* . And maybe we'll go out to Mexican tonight so I can chomp carefree into some chips or something. :mrgreen: :lol:

Did you have a last meal or do anything else special the day before you got your braces?

Nozzelnut

Re: Last day before braces... YAY! Did you do anything speci

#2 Post by Nozzelnut »

They surprised me by putting my uppers on (minus the molar bands) when I thought I was just getting spacers.

So, no last meal for me. Floss twice tonight; you'll be cursing when you try to floss after they go on.

I hope everything goes great for you tomorrow!
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

jaime

#3 Post by jaime »

Congrats on getting braces tomorrow! I just got braces 2 weeks ago so it's still all fresh for me, too.

I had SARPE back in December so my last supper was quite awhile ago. I had a bacon wrapped steak for my "last supper." No regrets!

msw

#4 Post by msw »

I was supposed to get braced on November 7, but rescheduled on Oct. 30 to first thing on October 31 because I was worried I would talk myself out of it. That being said, I got drunk off red wine, cried, and wallowed in self-pity the night before. Haha.

CONGRATULATIONS to you for doing this. I've followed your story and know that it's already been quite a journey. You are going to be so happy with your decision!

ljms

#5 Post by ljms »

I ate a big bag of peanuts in the days before gettig my braces. :D

msw

#6 Post by msw »

For foods - I suggest candy! That's probably what I miss the most. Tootsie Rolls, Peanut M&Ms, sugary bubble gum, Laffy Taffy....

I also suggest getting your fill of coffee, black tea, red wine, and spaghetti with a rich tomato sauce - anything and everything that can stain clear ligs and power chains. :tingrin:

parsleysage

#7 Post by parsleysage »

Thank you everyone! Bacon-wrapped steak sounds amazing and now I can't decide between steak or Mexican for dinner. :P

Nozzlenut, do you remember what you ate on the night before you got braces? :lol: An accidental last supper. Hope it was a good one!

msw, thank you so much!! I have loved being a part of Archwired as I have gone through all the anxiety of this journey lol. I am really glad I get to have the exciting part of it now! Oh, and as far as I know, I'll be in all metal Damons, so no worries of staining, phew!

Hash

#8 Post by Hash »

Peanut m&ms... My favourite so had 2big bags of them over my last 2pre brace days :D yum yum. Now my choc and ice cream favourites melt in my mouth rather than biting but on the plus side they last longer and I have lost half stone :jump: enjoy xxx

Featheryy1221

#9 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Bite into everything. That's the one thing i miss the most. Eat lots of crunchy chips, have tortilla chips with salsa, chewy candy, ice cream bars or ice cream with frozen candy chunks in it, popcorn, soft pretzels, really anything you can find that's on a no-no list. :) I find even stuff I wouldn't normally have eaten a lot before braces, I crave all the time now.

Oh and definitely enjoy one last normal tooth brushing tonight.

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

Lorianne

#10 Post by Lorianne »

Congrats! Have fun!!

Nozzelnut

#11 Post by Nozzelnut »

Nope; can't remember. Must not have been that good.....
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

parsleysage

#12 Post by parsleysage »

Featheryy1221 wrote:Bite into everything. That's the one thing i miss the most. Eat lots of crunchy chips, have tortilla chips with salsa, chewy candy, ice cream bars or ice cream with frozen candy chunks in it, popcorn, soft pretzels, really anything you can find that's on a no-no list. :) I find even stuff I wouldn't normally have eaten a lot before braces, I crave all the time now.
LOL!!! How will I eat all of this between now and tomorrow?!?! I'll have to stay up all night bingeing. Haha. We decided on Mexican so the tortilla chips + salsa will definitely be happening! And maybe I'll get a snickers ice cream bar afterwards as a final crunchy/chewy dessert :)

Featheryy1221

#13 Post by Featheryy1221 »

parsleysage wrote:
Featheryy1221 wrote:Bite into everything. That's the one thing i miss the most. Eat lots of crunchy chips, have tortilla chips with salsa, chewy candy, ice cream bars or ice cream with frozen candy chunks in it, popcorn, soft pretzels, really anything you can find that's on a no-no list. :) I find even stuff I wouldn't normally have eaten a lot before braces, I crave all the time now.
LOL!!! How will I eat all of this between now and tomorrow?!?! I'll have to stay up all night bingeing. Haha. We decided on Mexican so the tortilla chips + salsa will definitely be happening! And maybe I'll get a snickers ice cream bar afterwards as a final crunchy/chewy dessert :)
Lol. Yeah, you just stay up all night stuffing as much food in as possible. :lol:
Actually no. Haha. You just have to pick and choose. :) Chips and salsa, and snickers ice cream bar sounds like a good plan!

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

rocco11510

#14 Post by rocco11510 »

I'm getting braces next Wednesday, and I already planned out my last meal.....MEXICAN!

So my vote for your last meal is Mexican hehe. :-)

jaime

#15 Post by jaime »

rocco11510 wrote:I'm getting braces next Wednesday, and I already planned out my last meal.....MEXICAN!

So my vote for your last meal is Mexican hehe. :-)
Good luck tomorrow! If it makes you feel any better, I had Mexican food on Sunday (11 days after getting braces). You shan't be without Mexican for too long. :-*
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)