New here!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hannahnana

New here!

#1 Post by hannahnana »

Hi everybody! I'm new here. I've posted a couple of questions already, but I wanted to post here to introduce myself.

I've been reading posts since I got my braces, but I just made an account yesterday. I should have made one sooner!

I'm 24, I got metal braces in Feb. My ortho quoted a 4-6 month treatment time, although I feel like it might be longer... I am currently wearing a square wire with clear ligatures.

Thanks for all of the great info about braces!! I really appreciate all of you!

Jewels

Re: New here!

#2 Post by Jewels »

Hi! It's very interesting that your estimated time was 6 months or less - from reading here it seems like that is rare unless it's a special program. What sort of issues are you trying to fix? Are you happy with your results so far?

Good luck!

hannahnana

#3 Post by hannahnana »

Well, my bottom teeth started very straight. I am in the process of rotating one tooth. My top teeth started out straight, but my ortho is in the process of leveling my canines. I'm actually really happy... I'm in a rectangle wire already, which is very sore. She said she wants to put rubber bands to close a gap in my bite and that we are almost finished. My teeth have moved very fast. I'm wondering if she will have me wear a retainer for extra long because of the short amount of time in braces...

Jewels

#4 Post by Jewels »

Wow! Sounds great! My gap closed up ASAP but moving the back bite is what will take time. I could have just focussed on the gap but I'm realizing how the bite is so important so here I am in braces for who-knows how long. You are fortunate to have all that correct naturally!

I had my bottoms placed on last week. Owww!