Ladies: Do you wear lipstick?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

isthistaken

Re: Ladies: Do you wear lipstick?

#46 Post by isthistaken »

MaryLiz75 wrote:I have more natural colored glosses that I wear, but I wear it every day. I love my big pouty brace lips :)
:lol:

Roses

#47 Post by Roses »

I wore red lipstick last night! Some people actually said to me that braces suited me. That was lovely to hear :) And I have the full-on metal look!

isthistaken

#48 Post by isthistaken »

Roses wrote:I wore red lipstick last night! Some people actually said to me that braces suited me. That was lovely to hear :) And I have the full-on metal look!
Yeah, red is the best.

Snowglobe32

#49 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I haven't worn lip stick or anything with color in almost 4 years. I stick to lip gloss or balm. My braces are coming off Wednesday and while I was thinking about my first meal...I want to go buy lipstick instead!!! I am so excited!

bracefacewoman

#50 Post by bracefacewoman »

I think I shall try and go without for the duration of my braces. I tried some loss recently and it seemed to stick to the braces quite a bit

vegathestar

#51 Post by vegathestar »

I look awkward with any lip gloss/lip stick. Currently i'm using lip stain, gives a nice natural flush ;)
Few more mths before I can get my braces off *cross fingers* gonna run out and buy lipstick once its off!! :yuck:

Snowglobe32

#52 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I've had my braces off for about 3 weeks and I haven't bought any lipstick yet. :(
My lips have been very dry lately (really dry for a week or so after my braces came off) and I just haven't made the effort to go to the store. I hate buying colors and then having them not look good. I think maybe a makeup counter will be my best best...

AHopewell

#53 Post by AHopewell »

I love the Revlon Just Bitten lip stains. No bleeding or goopiness.

junglejulie

#54 Post by junglejulie »

I wear it everyday now, dont care how it looks LOL

Getting rid of my diastema, finally

djspeece

#55 Post by djspeece »

I feel like a bit of an uninvited guest on this thread, but it has been very educational. And obviously a hot topic, four pages out. May I mention that I am so happy to be a man?
(ducking and running)
:-1
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

DeannaSamna

#56 Post by DeannaSamna »

Yeah I am always with a lipstick, I usually never put off my lipstick because that’s the only thing that makes me look more beautiful and no women would miss it.
http://www.iloveno1.com/index.php?route ... ry&path=59

chloespeaks

#57 Post by chloespeaks »

:P still wear the dark and bright reds when I think I can be very careful of how I am carrying myself - i.e. able to check my teeth w/out being obvious and also if I know I won't be eating. it's already a pain to take the time to check while eating dinner and talking to people; i am learning to not order beets and greens, although these are such good foods for you.

I wear ceramic and it's reallly reallly obvious! I think the rubbing issue has alot to do with if how the braces fit you. I have a very small mouth and can barely close my mouth naturally with tops and bottoms in, so lips turn in a little and have alot of surface contact with the brackets.

kimbot

#58 Post by kimbot »

I've never been a big lipstick fan, but now with braces I avoid it all together. Not because I'm afraid of showcases my mouth, but because it just seems to get everywhere. I prefer chapstick and lip gloss. I find that my lips get really dry now so the chapstick is my #1.

28andbraced

#59 Post by 28andbraced »

This weekend I wore noticeable lipstick for the first time since I got braces, and I was constantly worried about it being on the brackets! I was so paranoid about it and kept running my tongue over them just to be safe. I'm still new to my braces, so I don't smile with my mouth open much, and I think the lipstick made me even more self-conscious. It gets better, right? =/

ilovedexter

#60 Post by ilovedexter »

I haven't since I got my braces a few days ago. I've been to busy slathering on the lip balm. However, once I'm a little more comfortable with my smile with the braces I plan to wear lipstick. I'm not a fan of gloss but love lipstick.