Beckyboo in Braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chicken

Re: Beckyboo in Braces

#151 Post by Chicken »

Hi beckyboo I had a phrenectomy prior to having braces, so I dont have any excess gum in my gap. I haven't had any pain or inflammation. Maybe Advil, ice , cold drinks, salt water rinses and Oracle may help. I hope it improves for you soon. It will probably settle down now its closed up.

Chicken

#152 Post by Chicken »

*oragel

beckyboo0205

#153 Post by beckyboo0205 »

It still hurts but it seems slightly better. I did try some orajel the other day but just managed to turn my tongue and lip numb! lol Maybe I'll try again but I can't seem to stop touching the spot with my tongue! I'm pretty much determined its like RIGHT where my gums touch my teeth. It feels like a cut. I'm sure it's just when the teeth came together, the gums were cut in the middle so they would be out of the way. The other day, on the front, my gums had a little tiny bloody stump where it probably split from the back side.

beckyboo0205

#154 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Ugh welcome to my life elastics...

Tobilei

#155 Post by Tobilei »

Progress is looking fantastic :mrgreen: Lol, I think I've had zing string for the last 4 months. Nerida chain I think my ortho called it but mine only comes in clear (which turns yellow in a week-boo). Hearing you on the elastics! I'm in mega heavy duty one's right now! Hope they're not causing you too much bother!

beckyboo0205

#156 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Hey! Actually elastics haven't been too bad. I'm a week into them. I think mine say "heavy" on the package... I think 1/4inch or something. They sure seemed small when I put them in the first time. The configuration was so awkward at first. I have one going from upper molar to lower canine (class III I think.) and then I have a canine to canine on the other side. That canine to canine is the weird one... Can rub my lips together normally like if you put lipstick on. It's weird. And when I smile you just see this one band... the other is hidden.

Anyhow, definitely sore the first few days but really not too bad. I didn't even take any medicine. Now I'm a week in and it seems pretty normal... Though I have a bit of a pokey wire and the hook or the elastic or something is rubbing slightly on a newish spot in my mouth for the past few days. But I've probably been talking WAY more than normal for the past few days too as I'm visiting family. So maybe that plays into it also. It is definitely weird in the morning though after I've been sleeping and my brackets are so super glued to my cheeks and the elastics feel pretty tight.

Other than that, I'm used to them now.

Tobilei

#157 Post by Tobilei »

Haha, yeah, that glued feeling in the morning will be with you till the bitter end! And I hear ya! Mine are rubbing when I talk too (like you though, had family over today so did more talking than usual). Mine are the thick one's too :( Glad they're not bothering you too much now though :)

beckyboo0205

#158 Post by beckyboo0205 »

My braces are 1 YEAR OLD today and they are celebrating with a cake!!

Matilda

#159 Post by Matilda »

beckyboo0205 wrote:My braces are 1 YEAR OLD today and they are celebrating with a cake!!
Congratulations!

Anna5

#160 Post by Anna5 »

Congratulations!!!!

beckyboo0205

#161 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Not much going on in this story lately. I just had my appointment Saturday and it went alright. He said he could tell I have been wearing my elastics right and that I would be staying with the same configuration for another month and hopefully next month my midlines will be moved too far so thn they can kind regress right back into position. When he was opening my doors, he said I had alot of tartar buildup on some of the doors and it was hard to open them.... more than normal people I guess. I felt weird... like he was telling me I don't brush my teeth or something. I guess I'm not sure why... I am always told I brush my teeth really well. So I dunno... it was on the bottom and they haven't opened those doors for a few months at least so I dunno.

So he opened the doors and pulled out my wire to do a little ipr. Well i also mentioned that my two front teeth sorta have a little v at the bottom and sometimes it inches my tongue. So he went to I PR that but without taking the wire out and basically ipred my teeth and gums and it hurt like crazy. I don't know if he even noticed but it bled a little and i had a cut afterward.

Anyhow, he did say that we wold be doing an ray next month and that we'd be trying to finish up within the next 6 months! Yay! It's not early or anything... right on schedule but still. Finale within sight! But I can tell there is still stuff to do. My elastics have given me an over bite again and i don't dig it. But my one front tooth still feels weird. Like it's not in the arch quite right. It looks sorta angled to me but I can't tell if it's just the shape. I mentioned this to him and he did say something about shaping. It just seems like the top arch is good and the bottom arch is good, but they don't work quite right together.

Well, maybe there is alot to this story... but just in my mind. Or tho wise, he didn't really do much.

Matilda

#162 Post by Matilda »

beckyboo0205 wrote:But my one front tooth still feels weird. Like it's not in the arch quite right. It looks sorta angled to me but I can't tell if it's just the shape.
Hey beckyboo! I have the exact same problem with my bottom front tooth. Mine looks like it sticks out a little in comparison to my other bottom teeth. I also don't know if it's only the shape of it or what else. I've mentioned this to my orthodontist several times but the tooth doesn't move. Considering I've been in treatment for almost 19 months now I'm a little worried!

Kevinr144

#163 Post by Kevinr144 »

[quote="beckyboo0205"]My braces are 1 YEAR OLD today and they are celebrating with a cake!![/quote]

Congrats! I can't wait to hit my 1 year mark by I'm just under 3 months now.

beckyboo0205

#164 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Well, It's sure been long enough so I guess I'll update my story.

I ended by saying that I'd have my x-ray to check out progress or whatever it is they check.

Well, that didn't happen... because *cue the dramatic triumphant music* I found out I was pregnant a few days later!

So today I am 15 months, 1 week, and 1 day along with my braces... and 15 weeks and 4 days along with my pregnancy!

Anyhow, thankfully I haven't been sick at all because I imagine braces + sickness = TORTURE! I have learned though that braces + extra hunger = slacking on the hygiene a little. Oh well. I still brush 3 times a day... I just snack more.

Braces haven't been too exciting. I was wearing elastics 24/7. Then I dropped down to just at night, which was surprisingly hard to remember! I even woke up at midnight once because I realized I forgot them. Then the next month (this past month) he said I could stop! YAY! But I bet this next month I'll have to start again because I have to close my overjet a little now.

The teeth have been looking pretty good, except for this weirdly turned front tooth that we've been slowly trying to fix. Last appointment, he bent my wire more and immediately I could feel some pressure so I knew it would do some work! As soon as I got to the car, and looked, my tooth had moved already! However, now the other tooth isn't in the right spot! ha And it caused a small gap. Which was just dandy since I was on my way to my sister's wedding. I was calling it my Snaggletooth but thankfully it wasn't really noticeable to anyone else.

So I think it will be fixed this next appointment in a few days. I think we just overcompensated or something.

Once that is fixed and my overjet is slightly smaller, I think I'm done! Before he moved that one tooth, I was feeling kind of frustrated and like it was dragging on. NOW, even though the tooth isn't right, I feel more excited and like I'm on the home stretch!! But who knows. He knows these things HAVE to be off by December! I'm hoping they'll be off in a few months... like 3? That's 18 months. Who knows.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chicken

#165 Post by Chicken »

Congratulations! Best wishes to you, your new baby and new smile. :jump: