No pain since braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jtsang

Re: No pain since braces

#31 Post by jtsang »

MrsCharisma wrote:big changes already!! Nice!
Thank you!! We are just coming along aren't we?

fudge911

#32 Post by fudge911 »

My braces journey has been great so far and I'm only 3ish months in. I've read a lot of stuff online before I got them on and other people telling me their experiences and I thought I was in for a tough ride, but it's been extremely pleasant. I've only had pain after getting them tightened, but apart from that, everything's swell.

jtsang

#33 Post by jtsang »

Woohoo!! Elastics today!! Anyone know how long I can wear it before changing the elastic out for a fresh pair?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MrsCharisma

#34 Post by MrsCharisma »

Moving right along!! Looking good there.

Ortho hasn't said anything about me needing elastics!

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

chichi

#35 Post by chichi »

Your teeth are looking great! I have the same elastic configuration, but only on the right side :)
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

jtsang

#36 Post by jtsang »

MrsCharisma wrote:Moving right along!! Looking good there.

Ortho hasn't said anything about me needing elastics!
Thank you Mrs Charisma!! your progress is looking great as well!!
I am definitely feeling the pressure of the elastics.. again, not painful.. but with every adjustments, eating is a bit tender the first two days, then back to normal eating!

jtsang

#37 Post by jtsang »

chichi wrote:Your teeth are looking great! I have the same elastic configuration, but only on the right side :)
why only on one side?

Anna5

#38 Post by Anna5 »

WOW, what a progress jtsang!!! It is wonderful to see what braces alone can do!
I think you were recommended surgery, weren't you? I am very happy that you can avoid that route now and surely have a great result from just braces. Good luck!

djspeece

#39 Post by djspeece »

Great progress. My ortho recommends changing elastics several times a day at least, as they do lose their pulling power fairly quickly. A orthodontist once wrote here that replacing elastics is like getting a new adjustment (or words to that effect) which made sense to me. I change mine about 5 times a day.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

jtsang

#40 Post by jtsang »

Anna5 wrote:WOW, what a progress jtsang!!! It is wonderful to see what braces alone can do!
I think you were recommended surgery, weren't you? I am very happy that you can avoid that route now and surely have a great result from just braces. Good luck!
Yes Anna. I was recommended jaw surgery when I was 19.. That's 15 years ago. At my last appt, ortho said, "your teeth will be beautiful when I am done with you!" That made me giggle. :)

jtsang

#41 Post by jtsang »

djspeece wrote:Great progress. My ortho recommends changing elastics several times a day at least, as they do lose their pulling power fairly quickly. A orthodontist once wrote here that replacing elastics is like getting a new adjustment (or words to that effect) which made sense to me. I change mine about 5 times a day.
I am pretty impatient.. So if changing elastic often will speed up my teeth alignment, I am in.. I'll call ortho and ask for his recommendations. I was told to wear 24/7 except to eat and brush but was not told about how often to change it.

Valentina

#42 Post by Valentina »

This thread is encouraging. I will get braces in the near future and keep reading about how painful the first month can be. Good to know that some people sail through the early days with minimal discomfort.

Good luck!

Shiry

#43 Post by Shiry »

Wow, I hope my journey is like yours,lol

jtsang

#44 Post by jtsang »

Valentina wrote:This thread is encouraging. I will get braces in the near future and keep reading about how painful the first month can be. Good to know that some people sail through the early days with minimal discomfort.

Good luck!
I hope your journey in brackets, wires and chains is as painless as mine!!
Good luck.

jtsang

#45 Post by jtsang »

Shiry wrote:Wow, I hope my journey is like yours,lol
Yours will be as painless as mine! Good luck.