Progress at 42!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jandshiltz

Progress at 42!!

#1 Post by jandshiltz »

Today is 16 months since I was first braced! So I thought I'd get brave and share some progression pictures. :wink: The time has really gone by faster than I thought it would. :lol: My next ortho visit is February 10th. He is going to move the bracket placement on a couple of teeth that haven't moved as much as needed, and hopefully I'll find out how much longer until I get them off. The original plan was for 18 months; keeping my fingers crossed for April!
Wishing everyone many pain free days on their beautiful smile journey!! :flowerbloom:
photo-002.JPG
photo 1-002.JPG
photo 2-002.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matilda

Re: Progress at 42!!

#2 Post by Matilda »

Great progress, jandshiltz.

Fionisimma

#3 Post by Fionisimma »

Great pics and progress!!! Thank you for sharing - it really helps to see that teeth can/will move even though it may take a little longer when we are older ... Some days, keeping the level of hope/patience "up" isn't easy (@50withsevereClassII) - you've given us a bump "up" with your February smile :HugeGrin:

jandshiltz

#4 Post by jandshiltz »

Thank you!!! I thought it would take much longer for my "older" teeth to move too. Don't give up hope; a period of time goes by, then one day you'll notice BIG changes!! And that makes this journey worth while. 8)

Have a great day! :-1

DaisySmith

#5 Post by DaisySmith »

Wow jandshiltz, your teeth are looking fantastic, can't be long left now! Fingers crossed for an April release then. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

jandshiltz

#6 Post by jandshiltz »

Thank you DaisySmith!! :BigTeethGrin:

DaisySmith

#7 Post by DaisySmith »

You're welcome. Let us know how you get on at your appointment!

Anna5

#8 Post by Anna5 »

WOW, wonderful progress!! How did your ortho fix your crossbite? Your arches are so nice and wide now!

jandshiltz

#9 Post by jandshiltz »

DaisySmith: I will be sure to post an update!

Anna5: I wore elastics for 4 months and I'm expecting to have to wear them a little more before the end of this journey.

Thank you everyone! Have a great day! :)

SoCalUniveristyLed

#10 Post by SoCalUniveristyLed »

That's so great! Fingers crossed about April! I might be May or June...or July :)

jandshiltz

#11 Post by jandshiltz »

Well, instead of repositioning a couple of brackets, he decided to put a considerably stronger wire on the bottom. I'm sure feeling that today. He also said I won't be getting the braces off in April. :| He said he could take them off, but there is still movement that can be achieved. I've waited this long, what's another couple of months?! At my next appointment on April 8th, we'll discuss the removal date for possibly sometime in June. It sure would be a wonderful 43rd birthday present!

Hope everyone has a great evening! :rose:

Fionisimma

#12 Post by Fionisimma »

jandshiltz wrote:Well, instead of repositioning a couple of brackets, he decided to put a considerably stronger wire on the bottom. I'm sure feeling that today. He also said I won't be getting the braces off in April. :| He said he could take them off, but there is still movement that can be achieved. I've waited this long, what's another couple of months?! At my next appointment on April 8th, we'll discuss the removal date for possibly sometime in June. It sure would be a wonderful 43rd birthday present!

Hope everyone has a great evening! :rose:
You not only have a great smile but such a beautiful and positive way of looking at things... Thank you again for your uplifting posts - you so deserve the best results, hopefully by your birthday!!! :D

jandshiltz

#13 Post by jandshiltz »

Thank you so very much Fionisimma!! *keeping my fingers crossed* :D

DaisySmith

#14 Post by DaisySmith »

Hi jandshiltz,

April's loss is june's gain. It's true though. Just a few more weeks won't feel that long really and you may as well have perfection rather than ALMOST..... then be thinking forever more that if only you'd kept them on.... Anyway you know all this and yes what a great birthday present!

Matilda

#15 Post by Matilda »

What's a few months compared to a lifetime? :wink: Fingers crossed for June! :wink: