8 months and no change

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mariawong86

8 months and no change

#1 Post by mariawong86 »

:roll:
I cant see any difference on my smile I think it actually looks worse than before I will post a few picture I'm starting to think this was a big mistake I feel horrible not been able to eat or smile my teeth are huge now. And I think my overbite is bigger now

smilehope

Re: 8 months and no change

#2 Post by smilehope »

Sorry to hear this. Eating and smiling do get easier. Are you sure there's no movement? Sounds like you should have a chat with your orthodontist, they may be able to say what they are expecting at his stage & if you are on track. Pictures will often help.
1st Feb 2012 - extraction both upper 2nd premolars
Braced 9th March 2012 - lower metal fixed and upper removable plate
5th September 2012 - bite plate gone, upper ceramic fixed fitted
Estimated treatment time 18-24 months

mariawong86

#3 Post by mariawong86 »

smilehope wrote:Sorry to hear this. Eating and smiling do get easier. Are you sure there's no movement? Sounds like you should have a chat with your orthodontist, they may be able to say what they are expecting at his stage & if you are on track. Pictures will often help.
I got extractions and they are closing fast he told me that it takes time because he have to move my teeth once by one I see progress on the holes from the extractions but my overbite is still there :(

MrsCharisma

#4 Post by MrsCharisma »

This is the life of orthodontics. It'll start to change...eventually.

I had a 5 mm gap in between my front teeth close within 2 months. The 1 mm gap formed by that closure? Nope. Won't close. It's been at least 3-4 months but NOTHING.

*eventually* something will happen.

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

mariawong86

#5 Post by mariawong86 »

MrsCharisma wrote:This is the life of orthodontics. It'll start to change...eventually.

I had a 5 mm gap in between my front teeth close within 2 months. The 1 mm gap formed by that closure? Nope. Won't close. It's been at least 3-4 months but NOTHING.

*eventually* something will happen.
i know i just get discourage because he always say lets puch those teeth back !! and i get happy but one month later nothing and i have to be patient i have one more year to go hopefully it looks better .. thank you so much