How long

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lalaloo

How long

#1 Post by Lalaloo »

Hello, everyone!
I am on my 3rd day with stb braces and, of course, i am impatient to see some improvents on my smile... Is it true that i will see some changes in less than 2 months? This is what i read on the internet. My ortho said i should not believe everything i read, because it might be only advertising, but i am asking you, from your experience, did you notice changes in such a short time? I am wearing stb for (very) crowded teeth. Thank you!

revealsmile

Re: How long

#2 Post by revealsmile »

Hello Lalaloo, I've been wearing stb braces for about 5 month. My problem was all about crowded teeth as well. I've been posting pictures of my smile (blog link in my signature), so, if you're curious you can check it out. Do you have pictures?
And yes, teeth move in less than 2 month, but don't expect a perfect smile that soon.

Lalaloo

#3 Post by Lalaloo »

Thank you so much! Indeed, your teeth seem to have moved a lot. I will bookmark your blog and check on your updates! :)

Lalaloo

#4 Post by Lalaloo »

Well, here are my very ugly teeth. I am on upper linguals since 1st of November.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

revealsmile

#5 Post by revealsmile »

Hey, your teeth don't look nearly as bad as i imagined. There's some symmetry going on right there. I'm curious about how things will work out for you, so please, keep us updated every now and then.

Lalaloo

#6 Post by Lalaloo »

They do, especially my front left incisor (the right one in the picture) :((. It has a root canal, so it's kind of grey... and, because of the crowding, it is very twisted, its sides are not even :(. But i really hope my ortho will be able to fix my smile. I will keep you updated.

NW2

#7 Post by NW2 »

Lalaloo, Just read your blog and I can tell some changes in your teeth already! Looking good!

Norrie

#8 Post by Norrie »

I'm seven weeks into Incognitos, and the only changes that I've seen are little gaps opening up in my bottom teeth (they're trying to move everything to improve my bite). I saw my ortho this last week and he said that he was working on alignment now, and then would work on my overbite later. I'll admit that I'm already feeling impatient, but I have a looooong road ahead of me, so I need to settle in for the journey.

Lalaloo

#9 Post by Lalaloo »

NW, actually it's Revealsmile's bolg, not mine. :). Indeed, her teeth moved a lot in just few months and that brings hope to me.

Norrie, thank you for your reply. I am in braces for 18 days and no changes so far. I hope to see some movement by the New year's eve to start the new year with a new perspective. Do you have also crowding or just biting problems?

Aneli

#10 Post by Aneli »

I really hope to see some movement soon, too. I am only ONE week in (just the lowers at this point), but my teeth already feel so so weird. They feel...loose?

Norrie

#11 Post by Norrie »

Lalaloo, I don't have any crowding, just bite problems and a bit of an overbite on the top, then some crookedness on the bottom. If I smile, my teeth have always looked pretty straight, so I think that it will be harder for me to notice any real differences this soon. My top front teeth have a powerchain right now, and they definitely are tighter together, and maybe a little more in line with each other.

I am so ridiculously impatient about this whole thing. My orthodontist warned me that I would be. He said that cases like mine, where bite correction is the main concern, are his hardest because the patients don't get the see much cosmetic improvement, and get frustrated. He was totally right. :oops:

cs2thecox

#12 Post by cs2thecox »

I'm mostly a bite person too, but after 3 weeks a very slightly wonky bottom tooth is almost back in line. OK, it didn't have far to go, and I expect if we took the braces off today it would just ping back and it's going to need a year to remember it's new position, but I was pleased to see a little bit of progress already!

Can't really tell what's going on with the top - nothing looks like it's moving yet. But I just had some "quick links" put on (whatever they are) to try and get things moving. There was lots of twiddling and snipping and my brackets feel a bit bulkier, but I'll have to do some mirror investigation when I get home from work later.

And yes, my teeth feel slightly "soft" too. Bit disturbing, but I guess they have to if they're going to move.

Lalaloo

#13 Post by Lalaloo »

Well... updates (braced on 1st of november, linguals on top)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

revealsmile

#14 Post by revealsmile »

I can definitely see a difference with the left side (of the picture). This is just the start.

Lalaloo

#15 Post by Lalaloo »

Revealsmile, what happened to your blog? I was looking for updates... :(