About to be braced

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Pandac

About to be braced

#1 Post by Pandac »

Hi everyone

I am getting damon braces in 5 weeks. For the last 5 months I have had a tmj splint to align my bite into its natural position. When I get the braces put on I will also have a permanent splint (or something do the sort) placed over my back molars and front 4 lower teeth...has anyone had this done before? Apparently it will bring my jaw and the teeth not covered in the splint up to align with the back and front teeth so that my jaw is in its most natural position. I have been scouring the site for some info on this process however I have yet to find anything.

I look forward to hearing from anyone and also accessing the photos on this forum to ease my fear of being a lone adult in this journey to the prefect smile!

king504

Re: About to be braced

#2 Post by king504 »

GOOD LUCK to you, Pandac!

SunshineRay

#3 Post by SunshineRay »

Hi and good luck!

djspeece

#4 Post by djspeece »

Best of luck to you. You are in good company here!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Haagi

#5 Post by Haagi »

Goodluck you will need it.

skaterpdx

#6 Post by skaterpdx »

Good luck to you!!!

Nozzelnut

#7 Post by Nozzelnut »

If you're here you're not alone. Good luck with your treatment. :tingrin:
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

klcam

#8 Post by klcam »

Good Luck! It took me 10 years and I finally got them on too!

Matilda

#9 Post by Matilda »

Best of luck on your journey!