Debonding in five weeks!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sirwired

Debonding in five weeks!

#1 Post by sirwired »

After a little over two years (got them on 12/23/11), and jaw surgery (2-piece LeFort I) in September, I'll be getting these &#^&^@! things off my teeth five weeks from now. I'm very excited! The surgery has been a complete success and after a couple months of elastics to re-train my jaw muscles I now have a bite that feels perfect.

The ortho really wants me to get a bonded lower, but since he's going to give me a lower Hawley either way, I think I'll stick with just that. I expect I'll be in at least nightly retainers for the rest of my life, so I figure if I'm going to wear an upper Hawley every night, I might as well wear a lower Hawley too. I'm kind of annoyed that he's pushing so much for the bonded lower, as I think he suggests it for most of his patients, but doesn't include it in the initial treatment price.

I think I'm going to take the day off, go to my appt. in the AM, eat a huge apple whole, have lunch somewhere that serves corn on the cob, and then go see an afternoon movie and consume an entire tub of popcorn. I will come home and start drinking hot tea.

kathydell

Re: Debonding in five weeks!

#2 Post by kathydell »

Congratulations sirwired! You must be very excited. I was just thinking this morning how much I really missed chonking on a big juicy apple this year and how I'm looking forward to having one next fall.

ceramic mouth

#3 Post by ceramic mouth »

I am genuinly happy for you. congrats! hope you have a joyous beautiful smile.. from the inside out.

rhibee83

#4 Post by rhibee83 »

wow congrats!! that is great news :)

haha I know, I cannot wait for my after braces meal! heaps of corn chips, pretzels, hard crackers, apples, and to bite into a big juicy burger! bring it on lol :)

TMJJill

#5 Post by TMJJill »

Congratulations Sirwired!!! I'm very excited for you.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

Nana51

#6 Post by Nana51 »

How exciting for you and how funny ... Your food plans! I could go for the popcorn myself but have another 30 months or so to wait. Good things come to those who wait, right?

Matilda

#7 Post by Matilda »

Congratulations, sirwired.

jem

#8 Post by jem »

Congratulations Sirwired!

I also dreamt of biting into whole apples again and have enjoyed doing so almost every day since being debraced.

I have both bonded and removable retainers. My ortho says she provides bonded in addition to removable in cases where she thinks there is a good risk of relapse.I am quite happy with my bonded retainer particularly as it means I am only required to wear the removable one 12/7 rather than 24/7.

I understand that lower front teeth are particularly prone to crowding throughout adulthood, whether or not you have had braces, so it is worth giving some serious consideration to having a bonded as well as removable retainer.

I look forward to seeing your pics when you have finished.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

Anna5

#9 Post by Anna5 »

Congratulations, sirwired! I am so happy that your long journey is coming to an end soon with a great result!

However, I hope you stay on this forum, we don't want to miss you here!

BracesB4Thirty

#10 Post by BracesB4Thirty »

Oh how exciting, congratulations. Where has 2 years gone :D

Siobhan

#11 Post by Siobhan »

Ditto, Anna. Always appreciate your posts and hope you stay on this forum. Congratulations on the deband date.

Cdp95

#12 Post by Cdp95 »

Congrats! As Anna says, I hope upi don't disappear off here, you always give such brill help and advice! Be sure to post some debraced pics :D

Lorianne

#13 Post by Lorianne »

so nice!!! hey, while you're at it, have a nice gooey caramel candy for me! Can't wait to see final pics!

Bikerchick85

#14 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Congrats Sirwired!! I do hope you stick around after your debanding... I'll miss your words of wisdom if you leave us!! I was told at my last appointment I should be finished up around summer time. My goal is around June which will 18 months instead of 24.
I still eat popcorn (my biggest weakness!) but I really miss APPLES! Oh my I cannot wait to eat a whole one!

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*