AccleDent

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

playmaker7206

AccleDent

#1 Post by playmaker7206 »

Does anyone have any experience with this device? Is it a gimmick, or does it actually work to reduce treatment time?

http://acceledent.com/

Lexana

Re: AccleDent

#2 Post by Lexana »

I actually bought a second-hand one, (because I was a bit skeptic), and was pretty impressed with the results. My original quote for treatment was 18-24 months (ceramic on top, metal on bottom), and I should (emphasis on should ...) get them off by April, which will be the 12 month marker. I actually stopped using the Acceledent the past few months, just because I'm so close to being done and kept forgetting, but I actually noticed quicker results during the specific phases of my treatment (for example, my dentist told me it would take approx. 3 months to move my one tooth forward, and that took about 6 weeks with the Acceledent). Looking to sell mine if you're interested. All it really is, is a glorified electric toothbrush with a mouthpiece. I honestly thought that before I got it, wondering if I could just use my toothbrush haha ... The progress is def. worth it, but I don't think the technology is worth what they charge. Just taking advantage of a new market (and the fact that everyone f-ing hates braces haha!)

hukillmommy

#3 Post by hukillmommy »

What exactly is accledent? I've never heard of it.

Chaplin28

#4 Post by Chaplin28 »

hey Lexana,
I am looking for an Acceledent unit. I'm located in the US. Are you selling yours now?

Lexana wrote:
> I actually bought a second-hand one, (because I was a bit skeptic), and was pretty
> impressed with the results. My original quote for treatment was 18-24 months (ceramic
> on top, metal on bottom), and I should (emphasis on should ...) get them off by
> April, which will be the 12 month marker. I actually stopped using the Acceledent
> the past few months, just because I'm so close to being done and kept forgetting,
> but I actually noticed quicker results during the specific phases of my treatment
> (for example, my dentist told me it would take approx. 3 months to move my one tooth
> forward, and that took about 6 weeks with the Acceledent). Looking to sell mine
> if you're interested. All it really is, is a glorified electric toothbrush with
> a mouthpiece. I honestly thought that before I got it, wondering if I could just
> use my toothbrush haha ... The progress is def. worth it, but I don't think the
> technology is worth what they charge. Just taking advantage of a new market (and
> the fact that everyone f-ing hates braces haha!)