Nervous. Extraction tomorrow, braces next week.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tlal23

Nervous. Extraction tomorrow, braces next week.

#1 Post by Tlal23 »

Ok so in starting to get nervous, tomorrow I'm having an upper tooth (not sure on names) out tomorrow in readiness for my braces on the 17th.

Starting to get nervous and will have to look back over everyone's posts and tips.
Will it effect my speech?
Will it change my face shape which I've read about recently on here?

SunshineRay

Re: Nervous. Extraction tomorrow, braces next week.

#2 Post by SunshineRay »

Hi, I had 2 upper teeth pulled before braces and it wasnt as bad as I had thought. As far as the speech, my braces do mess with my speech. I feel like I have a lisp at times that I never ever had before. It does bother me. Most people are fine though. You are doing a good thing so try to relax!

Berryxiao

#3 Post by Berryxiao »

[quote="Tlal23"]Ok so in starting to get nervous, tomorrow I'm having an upper tooth (not sure on names) out tomorrow in readiness for my braces on the 17th.

Starting to get nervous and will have to look back over everyone's posts and tips.
Will it effect my speech?
Will it change my face shape which I've read about recently on here?[/quote]

i think i am going to have 5 teeth extraction soon including a wisdom teeth. so relax, believe everything will be all right.

catwanabee

#4 Post by catwanabee »

I have a hard time saying curtain words like estimate and I seem to mumble since people ask me to repeat a bunch of times xD Other than that...mouth sores :P

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46203
In Ovation-C Braces
Braced on Dec 2013 for 24 Months

hukillmommy

#5 Post by hukillmommy »

Good luck tomorrow!

fudge911

#6 Post by fudge911 »

Got 4 pre-molars extracted last month and it wasn't all that bad, trust me! The only thing that is bad is the needles, like damn they were a pain! (literally). I think I was able to still talk normally like I did with braces on, but probably a little mumbly but it returned to normal about a couple of days later.

BraceForIt

#7 Post by BraceForIt »

I found i have a bit of a lisp now with my braces, some words bring it out more than other. But its not that noticable. it does get better over time as you get used to the braces!

In terms of face changes, its different for each person. Did you questions this with your Orthodontist? My Orthodonist advised me that mine should be very minimal

Good luck with starting your Journey!! please do keep up posted :D

Tlal23

#8 Post by Tlal23 »

Thanks for replying everyone.
It wasn't too bad, lots of pressure and it took a lot for the dentist to actually get it out.
I guess because it was a health tooth it's a lot harder.

Now it just feels weird and a little sore but not much.
My parents aren't keen on the whole idea, my mum was like "yeh it wouldn't come out because it's health and should still be in there"
Dad just thinks I've turned vain in my old age (35) but I saying that, mums mist had two rotten teeth out and my dad had a full set of falsies up top at the age of 21.

I care about my teeth and want to look after them.

Matilda

#9 Post by Matilda »

I'm glad the extraction went well, Tlal23.

Tlal23

#10 Post by Tlal23 »

Wow berryxiao. 5 extractions!
I have nothing to complain or worry about. When is that happening for you?

Only 8 days until my braces. I can't believe it's actually happening!

SunshineRay

#11 Post by SunshineRay »

Theres no turning back now! Glad it wasnt too bad for you.

Berryxiao

#12 Post by Berryxiao »

Tlal23 wrote:Wow berryxiao. 5 extractions!
I have nothing to complain or worry about. When is that happening for you?

Only 8 days until my braces. I can't believe it's actually happening!
Tlal, they just put brackets in my mouth today. i will get my teeth extracted tomorrow, then put the wire on. sounds terrible. :-=

why have braces: two upper lateral teeth had incurable infection
Jan. 8, 2014 - got brackets on
Jan. 9 morning, 2014 - got 5-tooth extraction, including one wisdom teeth
Jan. 9 afternoon, 2014 - got wires on