Newbie on board!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LeeAnnD

Newbie on board!

#1 Post by LeeAnnD »

Getting my braces (ceramic uppers, metal lowers) tomorrow. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Does that make sense? I'm hoping that by being here I can make new friends and get some advice!

Lorianne

Re: Newbie on board!

#2 Post by Lorianne »

Awesome and congrats! I felt the exact same way 2 1/2 mos ago! You will have fun!

LeeAnnD

#3 Post by LeeAnnD »

Thanks! I've been eating all the things on the No-No list for 3 days now...all ends tomorrow at 8am!

Lorianne

#4 Post by Lorianne »

Haha! Good! Yes, I just tried to eat a cut up apple today and gave up after one bite. Not worth the trouble. Overall though, I don't miss any foods too terribly and I just tell myself it's only temporary.

Nana51

#5 Post by Nana51 »

Good luck, leeannd! Update us later on your bracing experience as I think actual reviews of that process is helpful and informative for others like you. (YouTube is helpful too to see what to expect).
EmBRACE the experience.

Mike02110

#6 Post by Mike02110 »

How did everything go?

Fionisimma

#7 Post by Fionisimma »

Hi LeeAnnD...
How did your "bracing" go? I got mine (Clarity SL ceramic upper and lower) yesterday too! My initial thoughts are: Having them put on was painless. Hooks, especially those on the front lower are going to take some getting used to... rubbing on inside of lower lip area and making it difficult to drink normally from a glass. I think that I am on the "braces diet" now... teeth are already so sensitive that it hurts to eat anything unless it's in liquid form... even a piece of lettuce was beyond manageable! Flossing is definitely going to take a lot of perseverance and time....
I'm drawing strength from reading posts on this great site... both from those who have faced and overcome all the challenges that come with getting braces and "newbies" like myself who are just starting out on the journey...:)

Matilda

#8 Post by Matilda »

Welcome!

metalmomma

#9 Post by metalmomma »

Congrats and good luck! Newbie here also :)

Tlal23

#10 Post by Tlal23 »

Hi and welcome.
I've been on her for a while and reading up on some great info. My braces finally go on next Friday.
How did you go and don't forget to post pics. I love looking at everyone's pics.

kathydell

#11 Post by kathydell »

Welcome! This is a great group of people and everyone is really willing to help.

BraceForIt

#12 Post by BraceForIt »

Welcome! Im a fairly newbie myself (just over a month with them on) Good luck for the journey ahead :D

Anna5

#13 Post by Anna5 »

Welcome and good luck with your treatment! :)

king504

#14 Post by king504 »

Welcome! I am a newbie as well (long time lurker). This board is very informative - you will enjoy

librarianlk

#15 Post by librarianlk »

I'm new too. I had mine put on four days ago. How have the last couple of weeks been?